[rec.music.gaffa] Tim McInnery

DMARKFIE@INDYMED.BITNET (02/13/91)

It is indeed Tim McInnery of Black Adder II and Black Adder Goes Forth fame
who appears with KaTe in the video for This Womans Work.  Something else of
note, Tim also recently starred as Frank 'n Furter in the London stage
version of _The_Rocky_Horror_Show.  And if you tend to keep your eyes open for
various other items of note from England you'll see him pop up every so often.

Dave Markfield

fnord@spdcc.COM (Dan Schaeffer) (02/13/91)

In article <9102121809.AA24508@EDDIE.MIT.EDU> DMARKFIE@INDYMED.BITNET writes:
>It is indeed Tim McInnery of Black Adder II and Black Adder Goes Forth fame
>who appears with KaTe in the video for This Womans Work.  Something else of
>note, Tim also recently starred as Frank 'n Furter in the London stage
>version of _The_Rocky_Horror_Show.  And if you tend to keep your eyes open for
>various other items of note from England you'll see him pop up every so often.

Case in point: McInnerny was in the Terry Jones (ex-Monty Python) film
"Erik the Viking," as a would-be berserk whose father (a berserk of some
repute) just wouldn't see that he could be just as good a berserk as the
father or his grandfather.

>Dave Markfield

D. J. Schaeffer
"'The Todal looks like a blob of glup.
  It makes a sound like rabbits screaming,
  and smells of old, unopened rooms.'"
[fnord@ursa-major.spdcc.com]

Note: Most of this post is dedicated to the line eater.

evan@castle.ed.ac.UK (E Welsh) (02/14/91)

In article <9102121809.AA24508@EDDIE.MIT.EDU> DMARKFIE@INDYMED.BITNET writes:
>note, Tim also recently starred as Frank 'n Furter in the London stage
>version of _The_Rocky_Horror_Show.  And if you tend to keep your eyes open for

I saw this at the Picadilly and he was really very good... however, you
couldn't really compare him to Tim Curry who played Frank in the RH
Picture Show because Curry was just in a class of his own. That was worth
an Oscar I reckon.

--
/  __               /\ evan@castle.ed.ac.uk   /\ I went...             \
\ |_     \    /     \/ rew@lfcs.ed.ac.uk      \/ I saw...              /

rxcjm@minyos.xx.rmit.OZ.AU (John Mazzocchi) (02/14/91)

DMARKFIE@INDYMED.BITNET writes:

>It is indeed Tim McInnery of Black Adder II and Black Adder Goes Forth fame
>who appears with KaTe in the video for This Womans Work.  Something else of
>note, Tim also recently starred as Frank 'n Furter in the London stage
>version of _The_Rocky_Horror_Show.  And if you tend to keep your eyes open for
>various other items of note from England you'll see him pop up every so often.

It's Tim McInnerny, and he was also the berserker in "Erik the Viking".
--
+ John Mazzocchi              +   "The mind is not a vessel to be filled, +
+ Melbourne, Victoria         +    but a fire to be lighted" - Plutarch   +

rxcjm@MINYOS.XX.RMIT.OZ.AU (John Mazzocchi) (02/14/91)

DMARKFIE@INDYMED.BITNET writes:

>It is indeed Tim McInnery of Black Adder II and Black Adder Goes Forth fame
>who appears with KaTe in the video for This Womans Work.  Something else of
>note, Tim also recently starred as Frank 'n Furter in the London stage
>version of _The_Rocky_Horror_Show.  And if you tend to keep your eyes open for
>various other items of note from England you'll see him pop up every so often.

It's Tim McInnerny, and he also plays the berserker in "Erik the Viking".
--
+ John Mazzocchi              +   "The mind is not a vessel to be filled, +
+ Melbourne, Victoria         +    but a fire to be lighted" - Plutarch   +
+ Australia                   +
+ rxcjm@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au  +

dps@OTTER.HPL.HP.COM (Duncan Smith) (02/14/91)

OK, if we're on the subject of Tim McInnerny (sp?) he is also in the
excellent David Hare film _Weatherby_ as the suicide. I think this was his
first screen appearance ...

Duncan