[rec.music.gaffa] :

ed@das.llnl.GOV (Edward Suranyi) (02/21/91)

Kate didn't win the Grammy for Alternative music.  In fact, they
didn't even announce the nominees!  They just said that Sinead
O'Connor won.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov

katefans@WORLD.STD.COM (Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago) (02/25/91)

In article <1991Feb25.003110.16880@cs.dal.ca> graham@UG.CS.DAL.CA (Michael Graham) writes:
>In article <9102210510.AA17565@das.llnl.gov> ed@das.llnl.GOV (Edward Suranyi) writes:
>>
>>Kate didn't win the Grammy for Alternative music.  In fact, they
>>didn't even announce the nominees!  They just said that Sinead
>>O'Connor won.
>>
>Who decides what is alternative anyway? The whole awards show was pretty
>much of a joke. I agreed with about 3 of the winners. We can take consola-
>tion in the fact that The Sensual World came out in '89!

No consolation. The eligible nominee date started Oct 1, 1989. :-(

Vickie (trying to start a Niall Irving fan club :-)