[rec.music.gaffa] KT symbol

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (12/13/90)

Really-From: bill@ADMS-RAD.Unisys.COM (There is NO Rule #6.)

>Really-From: Chris Ridd <RiddCJ@computer-science.birmingham.ac.uk>
>
>I've been wondering about the KT symbol too; on a weather map, the symbol
>for a thunderstorm is...well...let's just say a leetle similar to to the
>KT symbol:  it looks exactly like the KT symbol, except that the lower right-
>               __
>hand leg of the K has an arrow head pointing south-east.
>
>Any thoughts?

"Watching storms ... start to form ... over America ..."

         -- Bill Oswald, bill@ADMS-RAD.Unisys.COM

graham@ug.cs.dal.ca (Michael Graham) (02/28/91)

OK, I found the symbol on Lionheart (big deal right?) I haven't found it
on Never For Ever and I have yet to look at the other 4.

I did however find the KT  symbol on another album - get this -
Somewhere in Time, by Iron Maiden. clear as can be in the bottom left
of the cover. That's cool that they are fans because they are one of the
only metal bands that I like. They are also quite down to earth, have
families, etc - not your stereotype metal guys - and they are quite funny.

Anyway, i just thought I'd mention this discovery. Take a look at the record
cover next time you are in a record store and send me some mail.

mike

--
Michael Graham          |   Baldrick, you wouldn't know a subtle plan if it
graham@ug.cs.dal.ca     |   painted itself purple and danced naked on top of

woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.EDU (03/01/91)

Michael Graham sez:
> I did however find the KT  symbol on another album - get this -
> Somewhere in Time, by Iron Maiden. clear as can be in the bottom left
> of the cover.

ah! fooled you! that would be the "signature" of the artist who does
their cover art, derek riggs. it looks sorta like a circle with a line
and another circle, yes? if so, then it's definitely derek's mark.

woj

jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.EDU (Jeff Burka) (03/02/91)

In article <9103010431.aa15804@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu> you write:

>>Michael Graham writes about the KT symbol on a Maiden album

>ah! fooled you! that would be the "signature" of the artist who does
>their cover art, derek riggs. it looks sorta like a circle with a line
>and another circle, yes? if so, then it's definitely derek's mark.

No, no, no!  It's the KT symbol.  As I recall (I don't own the album;
I happened to notice this on a friend's copy last year), it's on the back
of the cover; bright red in the middle of a grey/blue wall.

There's no circle around it, that I recall; it's the symbol on most KaTe
covers (ie no circle like on TKI).

Jeff
--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                |"I've lost my way through this world of |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   | profanities/I thrive on the wind and   |

graham@ug.cs.dal.ca (Michael Graham) (03/02/91)

In article <9103011806.AA10300@EDDIE.MIT.EDU> jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.EDU (Jeff Burka) writes:
>In article <9103010431.aa15804@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu> you write:
>
>>>Michael Graham writes about the KT symbol on a Maiden album
>
>>ah! fooled you! that would be the "signature" of the artist who does
>>their cover art, derek riggs. it looks sorta like a circle with a line
>>and another circle, yes? if so, then it's definitely derek's mark.
>
>No, no, no!  It's the KT symbol.  As I recall (I don't own the album;
>I happened to notice this on a friend's copy last year), it's on the back
>of the cover; bright red in the middle of a grey/blue wall.
>
>There's no circle around it, that I recall; it's the symbol on most KaTe
>covers (ie no circle like on TKI).
>
>Jeff

Interesting - it's on BOTH sides of the cover.

mike
--
Michael Graham          |   Baldrick, you wouldn't know a subtle plan if it
graham@ug.cs.dal.ca     |   painted itself purple and danced naked on top of
mgraham@ac.dal.ca       |   a piano singing 'Subtle Plans are Here Again'!
                                                            - Black Adder.

hargieka@clutx.clarkson.EDU ("k.a.hargie") (03/02/91)

Just to be curious i picked out the iron maiden album out of the files
at the station...and There it was the KT symbol right on the front cover
in the bottom left....large and in red on the window...interesting. It
makes me wonder why iron maiden would have this on their album???

a question...The Hammersmith Video is obviously out...but for those of us
removed from civilization how readily available is it through mail order, or
ordering through video stores...has anyone tried this...I CANNOT wait to see
Kate live!!!

Harg

To Vickie:
I don't know if you got my mail...but when is your show, what time, station
number etc.....???  Ill be home in approx. 3 weeks....