[rec.music.gaffa] KT symbol and Iron Maiden

graham@ug.cs.dal.ca (Michael Graham) (03/02/91)

In article <9103010431.aa15804@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu> woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.EDU writes:
>Michael Graham sez:
>> I did however find the KT  symbol on another album - get this -
>> Somewhere in Time, by Iron Maiden. clear as can be in the bottom left
>> of the cover.
>
>ah! fooled you! that would be the "signature" of the artist who does
>their cover art, derek riggs. it looks sorta like a circle with a line
>and another circle, yes? if so, then it's definitely derek's mark.
>
>woj

Nope, there is the T< symbol, and to the left is the Venus? symbol ( circle
on top with down arrow attached). There is also a "1" in the circle.
Take another look at the album (Somewhere in Time) - bottom left on the
window...

mike

--
Michael Graham          |   Baldrick, you wouldn't know a subtle plan if it
graham@ug.cs.dal.ca     |   painted itself purple and danced naked on top of

evan@castle.ed.ac.UK (E Welsh) (03/03/91)

In article <1991Mar1.174845.17351@cs.dal.ca> graham@ug.cs.dal.ca (Michael Graham) writes:
>In article <9103010431.aa15804@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu> woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.EDU writes:
>>Michael Graham sez:
>>> I did however find the KT  symbol on another album - get this -
>>> Somewhere in Time, by Iron Maiden. clear as can be in the bottom left

>>ah! fooled you! that would be the "signature" of the artist who does
>>their cover art, derek riggs. it looks sorta like a circle with a line
>>and another circle, yes? if so, then it's definitely derek's mark.

>Nope, there is the T< symbol, and to the left is the Venus? symbol ( circle
>on top with down arrow attached). There is also a "1" in the circle.

People with the cassette version will notice that the T< symbol appears
in this picture two or three times in different places. I remember we
had this discussion last year.

--
/  __               /\ evan@castle.ed.ac.uk   /\ I went...             \
\ |_     \    /     \/ rew@lfcs.ed.ac.uk      \/ I saw...              /