[rec.music.gaffa] gabriel -- KT

jdliss@amherst.bitnet (03/02/91)

a board for kate?  well, i'll go for it as long as gabriel is legal.

to whomever was talking about pg2,3,4 -- I have some sympathy for what
you had to say about #1 , that its sound may be off some.  obviously
ezrin is interested in big out-of-place guitar rolls, esp. out-of-place
on 'here comes the flood'.  the production of 2 is something that gabriel
is quite unhappy with, saying that fripp is a better player than producer
(at least in his case).  most folks think it's the worst album.  however,
i think the sound on 3 and 4 is superb.  when i listen to 4 on cd with
a good pair of headphones i can't hear the first bit of hiss between
songs.  it's beautiful.  gabriel will have an album out maybe before summer
but it may not happen for a while (he and KT have that much in common).
appearing with genesis?!?!?!  that would REALLY surprise me.  there was a
genesis reunion (one show only) in '82, but it was done mostly so they
could bail WOMAD out of its financial woes.  i really really doubt that he
would get back with them in a significant way.

new to this, i may be sticking my head into things that have already been
discussed, but i've heard that kate's father is into the gurdjeff/bennett
work, as is she, as is robert fripp in a big way.  do y'all know much
about this?

jeff

JDLISS@AMHERST.BITNET (crazy fucka) (03/02/91)

From: jdliss@amherst.bitnet
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: gabriel -- KT
Date: 1 Mar 91 19:59:21 GMT
News-Moderator: Approval required for posting to rec.music.gaffa

ed@das.llnl.GOV (Edward Suranyi) (03/03/91)

>new to this, i may be sticking my head into things that have already been
>discussed, but i've heard that kate's father is into the gurdjeff/bennett
>work, as is she, as is robert fripp in a big way.  do y'all know much
>about this?
>
>jeff

Well, as has just been discussed, Kate says that she was never really
into Gurdgieff.  She was just interested in him, if you see the
difference.  As for Kate's father, I seriously doubt it.  Everything
I've read about him indicates that he's a regular country doctor.

--
Ed Suranyi             | "I couldn't hope to do it anywhere near as well
ed@das.llnl.gov        |  as Kate Bush because she is a Goddess."

jdliss@amherst.bitnet (03/05/91)

i don't know why my 'gabriel - kt' thing just got on here, i wrote it days
ago.  anyway.

JDLISS@AMHERST.BITNET (MOONLIT KNIGHT) (03/05/91)

From: jdliss@amherst.bitnet
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa