[rec.music.gaffa] Virginia Astley

stern@CHEM.NWU.EDU (Charlotte Stern) (04/04/91)

Vickie informs me that the Dave (Eurythmics) Stewart-produced
movie soundtrack entitled "Lily Was Here", Arista, has a track
by fledgling artist Virginia Astley, whose 2 brothers (yuk) have snatched
up some fame lately.  It is supposed to be a great track.
Other work by VA includes "Hope in a Darkened Heart."
Also appearing on LWH is a remake/mix of Here Comes the Rain Again
for all you Annie Lennox fans out there.  And something by
a sax player named Candy Duffer.

-mjm (mike mendelson)

dbk@tove.cs.umd.EDU (Dan Kozak) (04/04/91)

In article <9104031731.AA00329@chem.nwu.edu> stern@CHEM.NWU.EDU (Charlotte Stern) writes:
>Vickie informs me that the Dave (Eurythmics) Stewart-produced
>movie soundtrack entitled "Lily Was Here", Arista, has a track
>by fledgling artist Virginia Astley, whose 2 brothers (yuk) have snatched
>up some fame lately.  It is supposed to be a great track.
>Other work by VA includes "Hope in a Darkened Heart."

Virginia Astley has been putting out records for more than a decade --
hardly a "fledgling" artist.  She was in the Ravishing Beauties and
played on some Fun Boy 3 stuff too . . .

I was under the impression that Jon Astley ("Jane's Getting Serious")
_was_ her brother but that Rick (ugh!!!) was no relation, but I could
be wrong.

Her sister Karen is Mrs. Pete Townshend.

Her father, whose name escapes me at the moment, is a composer,
primarily of film soundtracks.

#dan

Clever:         dbk@cs.umd.edu    | "Softly her tower crumbled in the
Not-so-clever:  uunet!mimsy!dbk   |  sweet silent sun." - Nabokov