[rec.music.gaffa] The ongoing Get Out Of My House discussion

judi@coyote.datalog.COM (Judi McKernan) (04/04/91)

          Hmmm.... all the mail concerning the "true meaning" of
Get Out Of My House is very interesting, and I've enjoyed the thread
immensely. But, here's my two cents worth. I, personally, haven't
decided yet what the real meaning of the song is. To me, it's not
that important. I'm one of those folks who, rather than "straining
my brain" when it's not yet ready for it, prefers to simply ENJOY
KaTe at this point in time. I'm just not familiar with her exact styles,
nuances, personal philosophies yet to venture a truly educated guess! So,
until then, I just sit back, listen, and let the music flow, even if I'm
still somewhat ignorant on the "bottom line".......

          Maybe someday!

                judi

graham@ug.cs.dal.ca (Michael Graham) (04/05/91)

In article <m0jOIlk-0001CQC@coyote.datalog.com> judi@coyote.datalog.COM (Judi McKernan) writes:

>          Hmmm.... all the mail concerning the "true meaning" of
>Get Out Of My House is very interesting, and I've enjoyed the thread
>immensely. But, here's my two cents worth. I, personally, haven't
>decided yet what the real meaning of the song is. To me, it's not
>that important. I'm one of those folks who, rather than "straining
>my brain" when it's not yet ready for it, prefers to simply ENJOY
>KaTe at this point in time. I'm just not familiar with her exact styles,
>nuances, personal philosophies yet to venture a truly educated guess! So,
>until then, I just sit back, listen, and let the music flow, even if I'm
>still somewhat ignorant on the "bottom line".......
>
>          Maybe someday!
>
>                judi

Where's an Alan Ginsberg when you need one!  :)

I tried racking my brain trying to interpret some of Kate's songs, while
listening to them and I wasn't enjoying the songs (as much). I prefer to
just put on The Dreaming and let it wash over me. Same goes with most music
I listen to. I am interested in the meaning behind Kate's songs, but I don't
feel that I can interpret them (well I can interpret *some* of them...).

Something that hasn't been mentioned in the GOoMH discussion is that just
after she says "I turn into the Mule", the man says something - I can't make
it out. Also, during the Hee Haws the man is talking - can't make that out
either...

mike

--
Michael Graham         |  "The only thing I know about backmasking is that
graham@ug.cs.dal.ca    |   when you play your records backwards it f*cks