[rec.music.gaffa] Kate and radio id's

YOUNG_MI@CTSTATEU.BITNET (04/06/91)

With all this discussion about T<ate doing radio id's, there is one from
92.7 FM WDRE (Garden City, New York) where she says "Hi, this is Kate Bush
and you are listening to 92.7 WDRE".

It's really short and they don't play it often, but hey, it's something.
Sounds like she might have been in the studio doing it because it is very
high quality.

Didn't we cry at that old mythology he'd read?
I'll send your love to Zeus...
Oohh by the time you read this...

Michele

dbk@TOVE.CS.UMD.EDU (Dan Kozak) (04/07/91)

In article <9104051724.AA07860@EDDIE.MIT.EDU> YOUNG_MI@CTSTATEU.BITNET writes:
>It's really short and they don't play it often, but hey, it's something.
>Sounds like she might have been in the studio doing it because it is very
>high quality.

A local fanzine reported that they asked WHFS about the Kate id and
apparently the EMI folks (this is HOL-era) called and said "Great work
promoting the album, is there anything we can do for you?" and the
'HFS folks said "Yeah, get us a station id" and EMI asked Kate to do
it and sent it to 'HFS a while later.  Presumably she records these in
her home studio in bunches and sends them off.

#dan

Clever:         dbk@cs.umd.edu    | "Softly her tower crumbled in the
Not-so-clever:  uunet!mimsy!dbk   |  sweet silent sun." - Nabokov