[rec.music.gaffa] Japanese This Woman's Work

relph@presto.ig.COM (John M. Relph) (04/09/91)

Hello Fellow Love Hounds,

  Today's question: is there any difference between the Japanese and
UK editions of the _This Woman's Work_ box sets?  Other than the paper
strip on the outside of the Japanese box, that is.

	-- John

ed@das.llnl.GOV (Edward J. Suranyi) (04/09/91)

>  Today's question: is there any difference between the Japanese and
>UK editions of the _This Woman's Work_ box sets?  Other than the paper
>strip on the outside of the Japanese box, that is.
>
>	-- John

This is second hand information, but here goes:  The cover of _The Kick
Inside_ is the Japanese one, not the British one.  The Japanese one
is the famous picture of Kate in a pink Leotard.  (For Americans,
the British cover is the only one that Kate chose herself, it's
the "kite" cover.  There is also a Canadian cover.)

I've been told that the cover of _Never For Ever_ is also different,
but I doubt this because I never heard of a different Japanese cover
for this album.

Also, some claim the sound is better than the British box set.  I
don't know if this is true.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov

nrc@cbema.att.COM (Neal R Caldwell, Ii) (04/09/91)

From article <Apr.8.12.23.19.1991.5380@presto.ig.com>, by relph@presto.ig.COM (John M. Relph):

> Hello Fellow Love Hounds,
>
>   Today's question: is there any difference between the Japanese and
> UK editions of the _This Woman's Work_ box sets?  Other than the paper
> strip on the outside of the Japanese box, that is.

Oooh, just the minor difference that all the CDs are the Japanese
editions with kanji for much of the titles and liner notes. :-)  They
also leave out the stickers (oooooooh no!) and insert an extra
booklet full of kanji.  It looks like some sort of chronology of Kate's
career.  At least that's what was in the Japanese set at the Kon this
weekend.

Heeeey, what happened to the imfamous B-sides liners that someone was
working on? :-)

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          nrc@cbnews.att.com