[rec.music.gaffa] Oooops... I goofed....

judi@coyote.datalog.COM (Judi McKernan) (04/12/91)

  In one of my recent posts I stated that I had ordered a CD of "Live
At Hammersmith." Needless to say, I got ALOT of replies from folks saying
they had never heard of it! So, I called the company back, and found out
that what they had was the laserdisc, not a CD. Their salesman had told
me the wrong thing. So, I immediately cancelled the order, as I don't have
a laserdisc player....

  Thanks to all of you who responded to set me straight! It saved me mucho
bucks and the hassle of getting the wrong thing!

                       judi

tlhouns@NS.PACBELL.COM (Lee Hounshell) (04/12/91)

In article <m0jR8cE-00014MC@coyote.datalog.com> judi@coyote.datalog.COM (Judi McKernan) writes:

>  In one of my recent posts I stated that I had ordered a CD of "Live
>At Hammersmith." Needless to say, I got ALOT of replies from folks saying
>they had never heard of it! So, I called the company back, and found out
>that what they had was the laserdisc, not a CD. Their salesman had told
>me the wrong thing. So, I immediately cancelled the order, as I don't have
>a laserdisc player....

Sorry Judy, but there *is* a CD version of "Live at Hammersmith."  It
is a bootleg item and contains the audio from the Japanese laser disk.
I'm sure others here can supply more info about it, as I don't have
that particular disk.  I have the laser disk instead.  It's *awesome!*

Lee Hounshell

nrc@cbema.att.COM (Neal R Caldwell, Ii) (04/12/91)

From article <m0jR8cE-00014MC@coyote.datalog.com>, by judi@coyote.datalog.COM (Judi McKernan):

>   In one of my recent posts I stated that I had ordered a CD of "Live
> At Hammersmith." Needless to say, I got ALOT of replies from folks saying
> they had never heard of it! So, I called the company back, and found out
> that what they had was the laserdisc, not a CD. Their salesman had told
> me the wrong thing. So, I immediately cancelled the order, as I don't have
> a laserdisc player....

You're right, you goofed.  The correct course of action would have
been to go out and buy a Laser Disc player.   :-)  Seriously though,
where did you order this from?  I need to find _The Whole Story_ and
hopefully _The Single File_ on LD yet.

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          nrc@cbnews.att.com