[rec.music.gaffa] Just back!

D6I601@vax87.AUd.AUc.dk (04/16/91)

Just back from a short trip to London (and having one hell of
a time catching up on the mail from Love-Hounds - wow, there's
been a lot of activity).

I got myself a copy of the no. II b-side compilation CD from the
This Womans Work. They had it at the HMV store close to Bond Street
station, and I had to pay a nice 25 pounds to get it. Expensive, but
then it was my only chance, since it's absolutely impossible to get
it here in Denmark. It contains quite a lot of great stuff that I'd
never heard before, and my only regret is that I wasn't able to get
hold of the no. I CD (sigh). Apparently it's impossible for HMV to
get it - I asked.

I also bought a copy of an interview picture disc, containing two app.
20 minut interviews. The first (1982) is about TD and the second (1985)
is about HOL. As I'd never heard any of the KT interviews before, it
was actually quite nice to hear what she had to say Herself, although
I do think that most professional interviewers ask all the wrong (at
times all the _stupid_) questions.

-Lars-

Email : D6I601@VAX87.AUD.AUC.DK

jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.EDU (Jeff Burka) (04/16/91)

Lars writes:

>I also bought a copy of an interview picture disc, containing two app.
>20 minut interviews. The first (1982) is about TD and the second (1985)
>is about HOL. As I'd never heard any of the KT interviews before, it
>was actually quite nice to hear what she had to say Herself, although
>I do think that most professional interviewers ask all the wrong (at
>times all the _stupid_) questions.

Sounds like the baktabak disc I have.  Steven Thomas and I transcribed those
last summer; they should be in the archives (if not, somebody tell me
and I'll bop 'em over there).

I must admit though that in the transcriptions, you don't get to hear
KaTe talking with her mouth full of whatever it was she was eating in the
restaurant where the TD interview took place.  <giggle>

Jeff

--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                |"I've lost my way through this world of |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   | profanities/I thrive on the wind and   |

graham@UG.CS.DAL.CA (Michael Graham) (04/16/91)

In article <9104151911.AA22819@EDDIE.MIT.EDU> jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.EDU (Jeff Burka) writes:

>Sounds like the baktabak disc I have.  Steven Thomas and I transcribed those
>last summer; they should be in the archives (if not, somebody tell me
>and I'll bop 'em over there).
>
>I must admit though that in the transcriptions, you don't get to hear
>KaTe talking with her mouth full of whatever it was she was eating in the
>restaurant where the TD interview took place.  <giggle>

That's what I love about the interview - the guy asking the questions always
seems to finish just as Kate has bitten into something - toast wasn't it?  :)