[rec.music.gaffa] test and gifs.ARC

graham@IRIS1.UCIS.DAL.CA (Michael Graham) (04/17/91)

Thanks to whoever posted all of the very varied gifs to Alaska.
They are stretched a bit, but no big deal. I especially liked the one
with Kate at the waterfront in the leather jacket!!
While I was ftping away I noticed con_pics.arc. Can someone de-arc them?
Or can someone send me some info as to how to de-arc them on a unix machine?
I've got access to a beautiful Iris (19" 100dpi 24 color screen) and I am
dying to see these gifs.

mike
--
Michael Graham          |"Say you were going to sing in a club tomorrow -
graham@ug.cs.dal.ca     | what kind of stuff would you sing?"

nrc@cbema.att.COM (Neal R Caldwell, Ii) (04/18/91)

From article <1991Apr17.161317.16163@nstn.ns.ca>, by graham@IRIS1.UCIS.DAL.CA (Michael Graham):
> Thanks to whoever posted all of the very varied gifs to Alaska.
> They are stretched a bit, but no big deal. I especially liked the one
> with Kate at the waterfront in the leather jacket!!

All of those new GIFs (KBUSH??.GIF and KT44.GIF) were courtesy of Ken
Saint-John out in Bakersfield CA.  The Kon pics are from Ron Hill.  I
put them up in the archives at their request since the can't FTP.
Ken and Ron have been scanning their brains out for the last few
weeks.  We should soon see scans of all the pics from _Cathy_ and all
the pics from the boxed set booklet. All these should show up soon
on The Big Sky BBS and not long after that in the archives (assuming
my FTP access remains available that long).

Ken's scans do have something s bit strange about their aspect ratio,
one of my viewers shows them stretched and the other doesn't.

> While I was ftping away I noticed con_pics.arc. Can someone de-arc them?
> Or can someone send me some info as to how to de-arc them on a unix machine?
> I've got access to a beautiful Iris (19" 100dpi 24 color screen) and I am
> dying to see these gifs.

Remember, those are scans of the snapshots that Ron Hill took at the
con.  Don't expect too much from them as far as image quality.

If Bill Wisner doesn't have the ability to extract that ARC file I'll
download them, extract them and put them back up.  Bill?

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          nrc@cbnews.att.com

graham@UG.CS.DAL.CA (Michael Graham) (04/18/91)

In article <1991Apr17.171829.3684@cbnews.cb.att.com> nrc@cbema.att.COM (Neal R Caldwell, Ii) writes:
>We should soon see scans of all the pics from _Cathy_ and all
>the pics from the boxed set booklet.

 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>> I've got access to a beautiful Iris (19" 100dpi 24 color screen) and I am
>> dying to see these gifs.
						   ^^24 BIT color...

>Remember, those are scans of the snapshots that Ron Hill took at the
>con.  Don't expect too much from them as far as image quality.

Maybe (if it is an involved process) just a couple of the best shots could be
de-ARCed...

>If Bill Wisner doesn't have the ability to extract that ARC file I'll
>download them, extract them and put them back up.  Bill?

Thanks VERY much!

mike - sig to change (again) after exams. Did anyone see that episode of
       Letterman?  :)

--

wisner@ims.alaska.EDU (Bill Wisner) (04/18/91)

>If Bill Wisner doesn't have the ability to extract that ARC file I'll
>download them, extract them and put them back up.  Bill?

They're extracted.  I've also put the source code for the UNIX version
of arc in /pub/arc.tar.Z.

Bill Wisner <wisner@ims.alaska.edu> Gryphon Gang Fairbanks AK 99775
No, I'll never give the hunt up