[rec.music.gaffa] Male Artists

declann@scol.sco.COM (04/24/91)

rjc@cstr.ed.ac.UK (Richard Caley) writes:

>I was trying to sort out the mess that is my bedroom the other day and
>got as far as the CDs, tapes etc. It occured to me that there is a
>decided bias in my collection...

>Where are all the men?

>[...]

>Since I am not yet willing to give up on my half of humanity, I assume
>there are loads of male artists out there I have never come across
>simply because I lean heavily on r.m.gaffa for hints and we seem to
>have a decided bias towards women here.

>So, can anyone help me end my blatently sexist buying practices? There
>must be some Gaffaish male artists out there.

Mike Scott (of The Waterboys).  Forget the fact that they've re-released
"The Whole Of The Moon" and that its been a big British chart success. (Its a
excellent song, particularily its lyrics, which has been cheapened by
being re-released).  I recommend the two albums _This Is The Sea_ (which
contain _The Whole Of The Moon_) and _A Pagan Place_.  Their last two
albums are good but not as good, IMO.

>[...]

>rjc@cstr.ed.ac.uk	A good bookshop is just a genteel black hole.
>				- Terry Pratchet `Guards! Guards!'