[rec.music.gaffa] Practice Makes Perfect

AGOUGH%FAB6@SC.INTEL.COM (Andy Gough, x4-2906, pager 420-2284, CH2-59) (04/26/91)

>Date:         Thu, 25 Apr 91 10:53:14 EDT
>From: the pragmatic romantic <REWOICC@ERENJ.BITNET>
>Subject:      a retraKTion, a new bootleg and more sTuff
>
>second, as i mentioned on monday, i took a look at that new bootleg cd that
>appeared in the shop yesterday. it is called _practice makes perfect: piano
>demos no.1_ and duplicates the contents of _cathy's album_ and _cathy's album
>too_. unlike the chapter one cds (_if you could see me fly_ and _passing
>through air_), this cd does not contain the two "babooshka" demos or "another
>day" (the duet with peter gabriel from the bbc special). there are only two
>advantages to this cd as i can see: 1) it has all of the cathy demos to date
>(excepting "organic acid") on one cd and 2) the packaging. the cover is a
>**beautiful** (and i mean **beautiful**!) drawing of KaTe done with pastels.
>i think that the drawing alone is almost worth the sticker price (and may
>eventually be the reason why i will purchase this item). the back cover has
>another pastel drawing: a small "KaTe-in-a-dunce-cap-holding-the-world" pic-
>ture that is also quite cute. final recommendation: definitely a colleKTor's
>item. if you already have the demos on cd, don't bother. if you don't and
>want to get them, this is the item you want to buy as it has all of them (with
>said exceptions) in one place. and if nothing else, the packaging is **magni-
>ficent*.
>--
>woj   zengineer/dj for hire/goofball          "one of the band told me last
>work: rewoicc@erenj.bitnet                     night that music was all that
>play: woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu        he's got in his life" -KT
>   - society of dark birds: fegmaniax-request@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu -

Out of curiosity, who is credited in the liner notes regarding record "label,"
company, producer, etc...

I wonder how bootleggers can have CDs made.  I mean, it takes a lot of
capital to build and equip a CD plant--maybe CD manufactures take small
special orders and don't investigate exactly what music they're reproducing.

-andy