[rec.music.gaffa] ANNOUNCEMENT: The 1991 Kalifornia Katemas KATE BASH!

L-H@cup.portal.COM (04/25/91)

Hi Lionhearts!

It is a distinKT honour to announce the 1991 California Katemas party,
to be held at my house at 567 Boxleaf Court, San Jose, CA. (95117),
exact date to be determined.  Since Kate's birthday falls on a Tuesday
this year, maybe the weekend before (either Saturday the 27th or
Sunday the 28th) might be the right time.  But we'll coordinate the
date with other parties to be held elsewhere as soon as possible.
Personally, I'd like it to be on Saturday so that people needing to go
to work on Monday (and coming from out-of-town) won't have to rush
back home, but I am flexible.

I've talked this over with IED (by email) and Ed Suranyi, and they both
plan to attend.  This in itself guarantees KuiTe a time to be had by all!
Special attractions this year will be the Kon pics (thanks to RON HILL!),
the _This Woman's Work_ boxed sets (UK, Japanese, UK vinyl), my KTISGOD
license plate (now SIGNED BY KATE!) which should arrive by then, as well
as the usual veritable plethora of rare Kate video, posters, magazines,
KonvenTion memorabilia, and who knows what else.  Maybe even Jon Drukman!

More detailed plans to follow just as soon as we get it all firmed up.  I
Kan'T wait!

She really IS!

Larry (l-h@cup.portal.com)

jondr@sco.COM ("Jonathan S. Drukman") (04/30/91)

In article <9104241958.1.23668@cup.portal.com> L-H@cup.portal.COM writes:
>as the usual veritable plethora of rare Kate video, posters, magazines,
>KonvenTion memorabilia, and who knows what else.  Maybe even Jon Drukman!

I'll be there.  You BET I'll be there.  Just try and keep me away.
I suppose this means I have to get cracking on another twisted KT
song, huh?  Any suggestions, kids?

So far, the library includes:

* Running Up That Hill (Katemas 89 Version, w/Chipmunk vocals and Arnold
  Schwarzenegger samples)
* The Sensual World (original James Joyce lyrics sung by Jenn Turney)
* Love And Anger ("Why No Sensual Remixes?" Remix, with Neneh Cherry, Spinal
  Tap, and Monty Python samples)
* The Sexual World (weird cut-up track using lots of KT samples as
  backing music)

Hmm... maybe it's time to expand on |>oug and Paul's reggae version
of Sat In Your Lap...

--
jon drukman                 jondr@sco.com       always note the sequencer:
sco docland wage slave      uunet!sco!jondr     this will never let us down