[rec.music.gaffa] 4AD mailing list

kanarick@BBN.COM ("Craig M. Kanarick") (04/25/91)

I am having some trouble subscribing to the 4AD mailing
list.  The address that I just saw posted to love-hounds
was 4ad-l@phuvm.edu, which doesn't seem to exists.

Is this the correct address?

-- cmk

PS.  I almost forgot...
	... She IS

lawtonj@project4.COMputer-science.manchester.ac.UK (S89) (04/26/91)

In <9104251627.AA29142@hayes.ims.alaska.edu> kanarick@BBN.COM ("Craig M. Kanarick") writes:

>I am having some trouble subscribing to the 4AD mailing
>list.  The address that I just saw posted to love-hounds
>was 4ad-l@phuvm.edu, which doesn't seem to exists.

>Is this the correct address?

>-- cmk

Try sending SUB 4AD-L <name> to
 LISTSERV@EARN.JHUVM which is the address I use.

To just post to the list itself if you don't want to join use
 4AD-L@EARN.JHUVM

Julian Lawton

jrm@cis.ohio-state.EDU (John R. Mudd) (04/30/91)

In article <9104251627.AA29142@hayes.ims.alaska.edu> kanarick@BBN.COM ("Craig M. Kanarick") writes:
>I am having some trouble subscribing to the 4AD mailing
>list.  The address that I just saw posted to love-hounds
>was 4ad-l@phuvm.edu, which doesn't seem to exists.
>
>Is this the correct address?

No, it isn't.  Send mail to listserv@jhuvm.edu, with the command
'SUB 4AD-L <your name here>'.  I would imagine you don't need the
caps.

Thanks to Julian Lawton for the original advice on subscribing to
the list.

... John

lawtonj@project4.COMputer-science.manchester.ac.UK (S89) (04/30/91)

In <114319@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> jrm@cis.ohio-state.EDU (John R. Mudd) writes:

>In article <9104251627.AA29142@hayes.ims.alaska.edu> kanarick@BBN.COM ("Craig M. Kanarick") writes:
>>I am having some trouble subscribing to the 4AD mailing
>>list.  The address that I just saw posted to love-hounds
>>was 4ad-l@phuvm.edu, which doesn't seem to exists.
>>
>>Is this the correct address?

>No, it isn't.  Send mail to listserv@jhuvm.edu, with the command
>'SUB 4AD-L <your name here>'.  I would imagine you don't need the
>caps.

>Thanks to Julian Lawton for the original advice on subscribing to
>the list.

>... John

Don't blame me totally - woj has been trying to get you all to join for ages!
Just bought about 15 new releases yesterday - reviews coming soon........

J.

gobbel@cogsci.EDU (Randy Gobbel) (05/01/91)

From every host that I've tried, jhuvm.edu is not a known host.  Is that not
an internet address, or what?

-Randy
--
Internet: gobbel@ucsd.edu
My hovercraft is full of eels.

brownfld@ux1.cso.uiuc.EDU (Kenneth R Brownfield) (05/01/91)

gobbel@cogsci.EDU (Randy Gobbel) writes:

>From every host that I've tried, jhuvm.edu is not a known host.  Is that not
>an internet address, or what?

     Mail to listserv@jhuvm.bitnet .  One-name hosts are _almost_ always
BITNET sites.  Of course, I tried everything but that until just now.  *sigh*
I still don't know where the earn.jhuvm site came from...?

>-Randy
>--
>Internet: gobbel@ucsd.edu
>My hovercraft is full of eels.