[rec.music.gaffa] Kate Bush bootleg?

rcbajv@RW9.URC.TUE.NL (John Voesten) (04/22/91)

Sorry to bother you with this...

I can get my hands on a Kate Bush CD which supposedly is a bootleg.

Title: Backsides
Released by: Observation Records.

It has several tracks from b-sides of singles, so I'm told...

Has anybody more info on this one?
(Does it contain any previously unreleased material?)

					_John

John Voesten Jr.  |'Is it true that in Holland all the windmills wear clogs?'
rcbajv@urc.tue.nl |'No,but sometimes we have to put a tulip in the dike.'
(Lists available:CD-discography Jerry Goldsmith, James Horner & John Williams
                 Works of Goldsmith  >>>Last Version 27-Mar-91<<)

rcbajv@RWB.URC.TUE.NL (John Voesten) (04/26/91)

Last time I asked about a Kate Bush bootleg CD...
Well, I have it in my hands at the moment. (Makes typing very hard.)

Here's the info:

Title: Back Side
Label: Observation Records
Cat#:  OB 002
Year: 1991

Tracklisting:

	1	December will be magic again
	2	Warm and soothing
	3	Ran tan Waltz
	4	Full house
	5	The empty building
	6	Burning bridge
	7	Not this time
	8	The Handsome Cabin Boy
	9	Under the Ivy
	10	The Big Sky (Meteorological mix)

The 12"/7" Vinyl records were used as masters for this CD. The singles they
used had lots of scratches...

All titles except 4 were released in the boxed set on the bonus CDs.
Track 4 is the original track from one of her older records.

Are there more Kate Bush bootlegs around? What's their price etc. etc.

tlhouns@NS.PACBELL.COM (Lee Hounshell) (04/27/91)

In article <576@rc6.urc.tue.nl> rcbajv@urc.tue.nl writes:

>Title: Back Side
>Label: Observation Records
>Cat#:  OB 002
>Year: 1991

How much did you pay for it??  and what is the sound quality of the disk?

-Lee

rcbajv@rw8.urc.tue.nl (John Voesten) (05/01/91)

In article <1991Apr26.233054.11115@PacBell.COM> tlhouns@NS.PACBELL.COM (Lee Hounshell) writes:
>In article <576@rc6.urc.tue.nl> rcbajv@urc.tue.nl writes:
>>
>>Title: Back Side
>>Label: Observation Records
>>Cat#:  OB 002
>>Year: 1991
>
>How much did you pay for it??  and what is the sound quality of the disk?
>
>-Lee

I paid Fl 30,- (About US $ 15,-) for the record. (Secondhandcopy from someone
who wasn't pleased with it.)
The CD was Fl 50,- in the shop. There's this store in Eindhoven, Holland
which sells these types of CDs. It's called 'Memory'.

It sounds like they used the vinyl records to master this CD...
(It isn't that bad though if you're used to vinyl.)