[rec.music.gaffa] oops!

woiccare@CLUTX.CLARKSON.EDU (woj) (02/07/90)

Correction to the address of clutx.clarkson.edu:

The proper address is 128.153.4.3

Sorry about that!

woj

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (07/05/90)

Really-From: the sergeant of your hair <woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu>

correction on the address to get back to me at for a new jersey
KaTemas bash: <woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu> not the address at
pebbles, as i previously mentioned. thanks!

if any of you *ever* get the chance to get your hands on roy harper's
album _once_, do so!! wow!! and KaTe even gets her voice in there on
at least one song - maybe two.

woj

Love-Hounds-request@gaffa.MIT.EDU (01/05/91)

Really-From: the element of laughter <woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu>

sorry about that last post (the resending of ranjit's cd list). i meant
to edit out the section just dealing with the box set for love-hounds,
but realized too late that i forgot to! remember though that he's only
got one...

woj

REWOICC@ERENJ.BITNET (the waxing poetic) (05/01/91)

as is often my wont, my fingers typed something that i did not mean to type.
indeed, the _KaTe bush live_ cd contains "running up that hill" from the
secret policeman's third ball, as ed correKTly stated, not "hounds of love"
(which, indeed, was not performed there). for those of you who are wondering
though, the 1986 bpi awards performance of "hounds of love" is avaailable
on the *lp* bootleg _passing through air_ (not the *cd* of the same title).

on another note entirely, i borrowed a few cds from our local library yes-
terday. one of them was a collection of short pieces composed by delius per-
formed by the northern sinfonia of england. while i am woefully ignorant of
what period his work belongs to, i must say that i enjoyed it quite a bit.
his music has a very rural or pastoral feel to it - indeed when i looked at
the titles of the pieces, they most often had to do with seasons or nature.
recommended that you check him out...if you haven't already that is (now,
do you all think we could convince nigel kennedy to record some of delius'
work?).

speaking of violin players, a small plug for kim angelis. she has one release
so far called _violin voyager_. i have forgotten the record label (i think it
is rom records), but i have certanly not forgotten the music! laced with gypsy
influences, _violin voyager_ is a mad trapsaise (is that a word? it is now!)
of a woman and her violin. most enjoyable as well (now, if we could only get
her and nigel to do a violin duet...).

jon: you have forgotten the "youth bass storm" mix of "the big sky" that you
brewed up for me...that reggae mix of "sat in your lap" sounds enticing tho.
anybody out there do dub poetry?
--
woj   zengineer/fegmaniac/dj for hire/goofball "one of the band told me last
work: rewoicc@erenj.bitnet                      night that music was all that

jondr@sco.COM ("Jonathan S. Drukman") (05/03/91)

In article <9105011153.AA18976@EDDIE.MIT.EDU> REWOICC@ERENJ.BITNET (the waxing poetic) writes:
>jon: you have forgotten the "youth bass storm" mix of "the big sky" that you
>brewed up for me...that reggae mix of "sat in your lap" sounds enticing tho.
>anybody out there do dub poetry?

That was a special request.  I had an offer going where you could buy
the Kate-Rape tape and get a free riff-o-tronic massacre of your
favorite riff.  Besides, it's hardly a mix, just a loop of two or
three sections fired off in whatever random order sprang to mind.
Some people asked for just the Sat In Your Lap drums on
infinite-repeat.

I tried to do the reggae Sat In Your Lap but the feel is eluding me.
I was going to a teutonic industrial (read: Laibach-esque) version of
Coffee Homeground but that got boring fast.  I might go back to it if
my death-disco Don't Push Your Foot On The Heartbrake doesn't pan
out.

Come on people, I need ideas!

--
jon drukman                 jondr@sco.com       always note the sequencer:
sco docland wage slave      uunet!sco!jondr     this will never let us down