[rec.music.gaffa] TOUR NEWS?

DREAMING@U.WASHINGTON.EDU (05/05/91)

A friend from Brussels sent the following|

KATE WEER OP DE PLANKEN

Na haar eerste grote hits,in 1978 alweer, is zangeres Kate Bush een
keer op tournee geweest.  Hits heeft ze in de tussentijd nogel gehad.
En nu, ruim twaalf jaar later, verraste Kate haar fans|  ze gaat weer
optreden!  Zou ze al die oude nummers nog kennen?

This appears as caption to a 3" x 5" foto of KaTe in te fll

(sorry!)--KaTe in the floorlength red dress and double bass of Babooska,
in the lower right corner of page 45 of the magazine (?) "Yes".  Could
a Nederlands-speaking Love-Hound kindly translate and save me consulting
my "woordenboek"?  I believe the text is of general interest.

Thanks

--kim
warpaint's on te
warpaint's on its way

karel@cv.ruu.nl (Karel Zuiderveld) (05/05/91)

In <7E1A3E9342BFA0A644@MAX.U.WASHINGTON.EDU> DREAMING@U.WASHINGTON.EDU writes:

>KATE WEER OP DE PLANKEN
>
>Na haar eerste grote hits,in 1978 alweer, is zangeres Kate Bush een
>keer op tournee geweest.  Hits heeft ze in de tussentijd nogel gehad.
>En nu, ruim twaalf jaar later, verraste Kate haar fans|  ze gaat weer
>optreden!  Zou ze al die oude nummers nog kennen?

Translation:

After her first big hits, from 1978, female singer Kate Bush has been
touring once. Between then and now she has had a couple of hits.
And now, more than 12 years later, Kate is surprising her fans, she
is going to tour again! Would she remember all these old numbers?

I don't know from which magazine this article has been taken, but the
style is terrible. I guess devoted Kate fans even might be offended
by the suggestion that Kate would have forgotten her own songs!

Karel

--
Karel Zuiderveld                            E-mail: karel@cv.ruu.nl
3D Computer Vision - Room E.02.222          Tel:    (31-30) 506682/507772

fjvwing@cs.vu.nl (Wingerde van FJ) (05/06/91)

DREAMING@U.WASHINGTON.EDU writes:

>A friend from Brussels sent the following|

>KATE WEER OP DE PLANKEN

>Na haar eerste grote hits,in 1978 alweer, is zangeres Kate Bush een
>keer op tournee geweest.  Hits heeft ze in de tussentijd nogel gehad.
>En nu, ruim twaalf jaar later, verraste Kate haar fans|  ze gaat weer
>optreden!  Zou ze al die oude nummers nog kennen?

"After her first few hits, back in 1978, singer Kate Bush went on tour once. She
has had quite a few hits in the meantime. And now, twelve years later, Kate
surprised her fans! She's going to tour again! Would she still know al those
old songs?"

I guess it says nothing we didn't know already. The tone and choice of words
suggest a target audience of 13-15 year olds.

>This appears as caption to a 3" x 5" foto of KaTe in te fll
>(sorry!)--KaTe in the floorlength red dress and double bass of Babooska,
>in the lower right corner of page 45 of the magazine (?) "Yes".  Could
>a Nederlands-speaking Love-Hound kindly translate and save me consulting
>my "woordenboek"?  I believe the text is of general interest.
>--kim

fjvwing@cs.vu.nl