[rec.music.gaffa] KaTe in the UK

S.L.Fagg@stl.stc.co.UK (Steve Fagg) (05/08/91)

Many thanks to Scott Telford for passing on the news that "GLC" was being shown
again this weekend. In hopes that it would be broadcast in stereo I had my
video setup ready and waiting, but it was not to be. :-(

Has there been any further progress on a UK Love-Hounds' KaTemas celebration?
For all their reputation of being so laid back, the Californians seem to have
got their act together pretty well already. :-)

I didn't see any mention in the recent list of KaTe 'zines of "Pull of the
Bush". This was being sold to the queue outside the Hammersmith KonvenTion and
I thought it was quite a good effort. So far as I know there have as yet been
only two issues, and I was wondering how it was thought to rate compared to
other 'zines people have seen. Any opinions out there?

--
Regards

Steve Fagg      ( S.L.Fagg@stl.stc.co.uk +44-279-429531 Ext 2437 )
BNR Europe - STL, London Road, Harlow, Essex, CM17 9NA, UK

                *** Vita? Nole me vitae dicere! ***

scott@cs.heriot-watt.ac.UK (Scott Telford) (05/09/91)

In article <00948497719b2c20@cedar.stl.stc.co.uk>
S.L.Fagg@stl.stc.co.UK (Steve Fagg) writes:
>Has there been any further progress on a UK Love-Hounds' KaTemas celebration?
>For all their reputation of being so laid back, the Californians seem to have
>got their act together pretty well already. :-)

Hmmmm.... There only seem to be less than a dozen UK Love-Hounds/
gaffa-readers who post regularly (or indeed at all). And three
(including yours truly) are in Edinburgh. Hmmmmm.... maybe its the water
or something...

| Scott Telford, Dept of Computer Science,               scott@cs.hw.ac.uk    |
| Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK.                 scott%hwcs@ukc.uucp  |
|_____ "Expect the unexpected." (The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy) ______|

evan@castle.ed.ac.UK (E Welsh) (05/10/91)

scott@cs.heriot-watt.ac.UK (Scott Telford) writes:
>Hmmmm.... There only seem to be less than a dozen UK Love-Hounds/
>gaffa-readers who post regularly (or indeed at all). And three
>(including yours truly) are in Edinburgh. Hmmmmm.... maybe its the water
>or something...

Did Heriot-Watt move? Since when has it been IN Edinburgh?

[Sorry, everybody else talk among yourselves for a wee while. There's
some inter-university elitism going on here.]

Are you suggesting we have a KaTemas party at Riccarton?
We could book the Park Room at Teviot... Naw, somebody's house would be
better, I doubt if we could fill a function room!

Evan...

--
/  __               /\ evan@castle.ed.ac.uk   /\ Are you selling your \
\ |_     \    /     \/ rew@lfcs.ed.ac.uk      \/ soul to a cold gun ? /