[rec.music.gaffa] Various little things...

76004.2670@compuserve.COM (John Grigutis) (05/19/91)

Hi everyone, this is my first real post on here so a big formal
"Hello" to one and all...

A couple of questions I have are:
1.  What is Kate saying at the end of Hello Earth?  Could someone post
the sentence in German and in English?
2.  Any Love-Hounds in the South Florida (Delius' workplace) area?
Plus, anyone know of a South Florida store that would carry Happy
Rhodes?
3.  Why on "This Woman's Work, Vol. I" is track 14: "Walk Straight Down
The Middle" on there?  It already is on the Sensual World CD.  What's
special about it?
4.  On the topic of Dreaming of Kate, I believe she has something to
say to people who dream about her:  "...But the dream is your
enemy..." =-)

More questions to come...
...as soon as I get out of this !@#%&* Gaffa!

ed@DAS.LLNL.GOV (Edward J. Suranyi) (05/19/91)

In article <"910519022142.76004.2670.DHA24-1"@CompuServe.COM> you write:
>3.  Why on "This Woman's Work, Vol. I" is track 14: "Walk Straight Down
>The Middle" on there?  It already is on the Sensual World CD.  What's
>special about it?

Nothing.  It's just that WSDTM was originally designed as the B-side
for "The Sensual World".  Then they decided to make it a bonus track
on the CD and cassette.  It's not on the LP.  Putting the song twice
on the CD and cassette box sets could be considered an error, but it
has to go on the LP version of TWW, Vol. I, because it isn't anywhere
else.  Maybe they thought it would be more convenient to have the CD and
LP versions of this album have the same track listing.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov

nrc@cbema.att.COM (Neal R Caldwell, Ii) (05/20/91)

> From: 76004.2670@compuserve.COM (John Grigutis)
>
> Hi everyone, this is my first real post on here so a big formal
> "Hello" to one and all...
>
> A couple of questions I have are:
> 1.  What is Kate saying at the end of Hello Earth?  Could someone post
> the sentence in German and in English?

"Tiefer, tiefer.  Irgendwo in der tiefe gibt es ein licht. "

"Deeper, deeper. Somewhere in the depths there is a light."

Welcome to the group.

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          nrc@cbnews.att.com

turney@cs.cornell.EDU (Jenn Turney) (05/20/91)

Richard Caldwell replies to John Grigutis' query re the German phrase
at the end of Hello Earth::

>"Tiefer, tiefer.  Irgendwo in der tiefe gibt es ein licht. "

Very close, Richard, except that, in German, nouns are always
capitalized.

Jenn
---------------
"Tiefer, tiefer.  Irgendwo in der Tiefe gibt es ein Licht."
--
________
  |  |	   turney@svax.cs.cornell.edu  |  Let us go singing as far as we go:
| |  |	   Dept. of Computer Science   |  the road will be less tedious.
\_|  |	   Cornell University	       |      		      -- Virgil

jondr@sco.COM ("Jonathan S. Drukman") (05/25/91)

No one yet knows why 76004.2670@compuserve.COM (John Grigutis) said:
>1.  What is Kate saying at the end of Hello Earth?  Could someone post
>the sentence in German and in English?

Here we go again...  I can't remember the German precisely and don't want
to guess since it'll just start another one of those interminable
discussions about it, but the english translation is "deeper, deeper,
somewhere in the deep there is a light."

>3.  Why on "This Woman's Work, Vol. I" is track 14: "Walk Straight Down
>The Middle" on there?  It already is on the Sensual World CD.  What's
>special about it?

They made a mistake.  Since "WSDTM" is a B-side, they put it with all the
other b-sides, but didn't realize that it is unique among KT B-sides for
being the one and only b-side that was included with the album CD as a
bonus track.

So, it's a simple screw up.

--
Jon Drukman (imploded dub mix)               uunet!sco!jondr      jondr@sco.com
Always note the sequencer - this will never let us down.