[rec.music.gaffa] Innocence Mission

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (10/20/89)

Really-From: mcb@ncis.tis.llnl.gov (Michael C. Berch)

[microsoft!stevesc@uunet.uu.net:]
> I'd like to add my agreement to the people who have said that
> Innocence Mission sound a _lot_ like Kate.  More specifically, the
> lead singer (Karen Peris, I think) has a voice that sounds exactly
> what I would imagine Kate would sound like if she had Natalie
> Merchant's (of 10000 Maniacs) accent.  [...]

Exactly what *is* Natalie Merchant's accent, anyway?  I know that
10,000 Maniacs hail from upstate/western New York somewhere
(Jamestown?), but I know a fair number of people from thereabouts and
none of them talk or sing anything like Natalie Merchant.  Is she
European, or South African, or something, or is she just a local with
an unusual accent?

--
Michael C. Berch
mcb@tis.llnl.gov / uunet!tis.llnl.gov!mcb

mus0eka@cabell.vcu.EDU (Everette K. Abbott) (06/07/91)

Charles....please contact me at mus0eka@cabell.vcu.edu about getting those
extra items of the IM....that you said you wanted...also if you want

Keith