[rec.music.gaffa] Happy

stern@CHEM.NWU.EDU (Charlotte Stern) (03/14/91)

	>From: rhill@pnet01.cts.com (Ronald Hil}Il)

	is the 1.50 for EACH tape or for the entire order...
	Is her new CD Warpaint
	going to be the same as one of the tapes?

It is $1.50 for the whole thing, though I was informed that it is now $2.00
(inflation, recession, etc.).  Warpaint, to the best of my knowledge,
will not, I repeat *WILL NOT* overlap with any of the material in the
1st four releases.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty dogarn sure.
So yes, you have to get the cassettes if you want the early stuff.

I have no idea how Warpaint will be distributed until she gets a major
label... Vickie wasn't too sure either.  But I'm sure we'll find out
soon enough.

-mjm

(Mike Mendelson)

jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.EDU (Jeffrey C. Burka) (03/14/91)

mjm writes:

>It is $1.50 for the whole thing, though I was informed that it is now $2.00
>(inflation, recession, etc.).

I, too, sent $1.50 for postage, but the total postage on my 4-tape package
was (I believe) $2.40.  If I have to order _Warpaint_ (instead of popping
into my local indie-carrying CD shop (please, please please let Happy
get into *stores*!)), I'll probably include an extra buck...

>I have no idea how Warpaint will be distributed until she gets a major
>label... Vickie wasn't too sure either.  But I'm sure we'll find out
>soon enough.

I'm clueless on this too (but hoping).

On a related topic (namely the idea of Happy being picked up by a major
label and her early stuff being re-released).  It was said that Happy
won't re-record her early stuff (no big deal) but that the first four albums
would never be released on CD because of the relatively abysmal quality.

Haven't I heard from a billion or so sources that the second Michelle Shocked
album (_Texas Campfire Tapes_ or something like that) was actually a bunch
of early material recorded on a *walkman*?  What's the quality like on
that?  I can't imagine stuff recorded on a walkman being better than Happy's
original stuff!

Still hoping,

Jeff

--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|                                |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |

brownfld@ux1.cso.uiuc.EDU (Kenneth R Brownfield) (06/06/91)

     Rose Records in Champaign is getting two of Happy's Warpaint CDs in.  I've
reserved one of them, but there's one untaken.  They apparently were never sent
any of Happy's stuff, so they had to get another Rose to send it here.  Sooo,
David, Tara, or any other local Happy hopefuls will probably want to check
Rose next Monday or Tuesday, that's when the CDs come in.  The store 'manager'
mentioned getting the tapes, so I'll twist his arm after I listen to the CD.
     I'll buy the CD on everyone's rave (more than especially Vickie's)
reviews, but not the whole kit'n'kaboodle all at once.  Ride and Throwing
Muses have me pretty broke, recently!
     Have a nice day&week.  Hopefully the heat wave is over for good!

							Ken.
--
                                                        Ken.
Kenneth R. Brownfield                            brownfld@uiuc.edu

rhill@pnet01.cts.COM (Ronald Hill) (06/12/91)

I don't know if this is stating the obvious, but several people have suggested
that people use some kind of "kill" feature to kill all messages that say
"happy" in em.  I don't know how this works, but might it be better to have em
kill all messages that say "Rhodes" in em and then ask people to use her last
name.  Of course, I don't really understand how this works.

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!rhill
ARPA: crash!pnet01!rhill@nosc.mil
INET: rhill@pnet01.cts.com