[rec.music.gaffa] Q: Saturday Night Live

kkluge@Materna.DE (Klaus Kluge) (06/17/91)

In the 2nd part of KaTes MTV interview I read about KaTes performance at
"Saturday Night Live".

During the lasts weeks I have watched replays of S.N.L. on MTV (it's an
european version of MTV, isn't it?) occasionally, but of course I would
hate to miss the one featuring KaTe. On the other hand I don't want to
watch them all (in the middle of the night) just to not miss THAT one.

Is somebody able to help me find out when the one with KaTe will be shown? My
TV program doesn't even mention MTV. Does someone have a list of the shows
with their special guests, so that I can find out when about it will be?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

By the way: r.m.g. already helped me to get a recording of GLC a couple of
weeks ago. Without your information it would have been impossible.
   Thanks a lot!

I was quite suprised to find out that GLC was not a cartoon, as the "comic
strip" title implied to me. Once again I noticed that the british are doing
much better political satires than we germans are doing (although most Tories
won't enjoy it).

KaTes music suited that film (IMHO) very nicely. I think it was very clever
to let the music box play RUTH when the heroine was in the pub instead of
playing one of the new songs.

Bye, Klaus.

 He thought he was gonna die. But he didn't.   | Klaus Kluge
 She thought she could never cope but she did. | kkluge@Materna.DE
 We thought it was all over. But it wasn't     |----------------------
 ...... it hadn't started yet.         (KaTe)  | (Unicornuus Marinus)

ed@vsattui.llnl.GOV (Ed Suranyi) (06/17/91)

In article <9106170834.AA05914@elwood.Materna.DE> kkluge@Materna.DE (Klaus Kluge) writes:

>During the lasts weeks I have watched replays of S.N.L. on MTV (it's an
>european version of MTV, isn't it?) occasionally, but of course I would
>hate to miss the one featuring KaTe. On the other hand I don't want to
>watch them all (in the middle of the night) just to not miss THAT one.
>
>Is somebody able to help me find out when the one with KaTe will be shown? My
>TV program doesn't even mention MTV. Does someone have a list of the shows
>with their special guests, so that I can find out when about it will be?

Kate appeared on Saturday Night Live one of the times Eric Idle was the
host.  HOWEVER -- whenever this show has been repeated in the U.S., Kate's
parts have been cut out!!  In fact, this episode has appeared on
videotape, with a picture of Kate's performance on the back of the box,
but again, her part has been cut out!!  This is why nobody seems to have a
decent copy of this performance -- the only copies around are
multi-generational ones from the first time this show actually aired,
back in 1979.  I would extremely interested if they show Kate in the
version MTV Europe is airing.

--
Ed Suranyi
ed@wente.llnl.gov  <---- Note new e-mail address

sja@sirius.hut.fi (Sakari Jalovaara) (06/18/91)

> HOWEVER -- whenever this show has been repeated in the U.S., Kate's
> parts have been cut out!!

> I would extremely interested if they show Kate in the version MTV
> Europe is airing.

She's in there.  As it happens, MTV Europe will show that episode
again (about the 4th time?) next Monday, 2300 Central European time.
									++sja

ed@wente.llnl.GOV (Ed Suranyi) (06/19/91)

In article <9106181620.AA00563@sirius.hut.fi> sja@sirius.hut.fi (Sakari Jalovaara) writes:
[Talking about Kate on Saturday Night Live]

>She's in there.  As it happens, MTV Europe will show that episode
>again (about the 4th time?) next Monday, 2300 Central European time.

I sure hope a whole bunch of you tape this episode.  Eventually, perhaps,
we would be able to get NTSC transfers here in the US.  A clean copy
of this is one of the MOST wanted of Kate's TV appearances.  Isn't
it ironic that to get this we may have to transfer from PAL or SECAM
to NTSC, when the show was originally shown on American TV?