[rec.music.gaffa] My Lagan Love

rlj@ntcsd1.UUCP (12/20/89)

Several weeks ago, someone posted an article about other artists who have
recorded "My Lagan Love." I have a CD by Van Morrison & The Chieftains called
Irish Heartbeat on Mercury Records that has "My Lagan Love."
It's arranged by Van Morrison and Paddy Moloney (one of the Chieftains).

Rick Johnson                        Internet: rlj%ntcsd1@rti.rti.org
Northern Telecom, Inc.              UUCP:     ...!uunet!rti.rti.org!ntcsd1!rlj
Integrated Network Systems                    ...!mcnc!rti!ntcsd1!rlj
Research Triangle Park, NC

aaron@minster.york.ac.uk (05/17/91)

Someone made the assertion that 'My Lagan Love' was written
by Kate/John Carder Bush which is strange because an Irish
friend of mine seems to be under the impression that the
melody is that of a traditional Irish folk song, although
he does use a different lyric when singing it.

amadeus@ccwf.cc.utexas.EDU (Susan Harwood Kaczmarczik) (06/27/91)

Hello, everyone!  It's been a long time -- I've had time to read
.gaffa lately but that's about it.

I'm currently writing an article for a Pagan periodical about the
Goddess Kate and why her music might particularly appeal to us
Witchy/Pagan types.  To my horror I discovered that I did not have the
words to "My Lagan Love."  Electronic mail would probably be better
than posting.

And a particular question for Ed (or anyone who can answer it):
Solstice has come and gone.  Is Sarah MacLachlan's new album out?

--
-----Susan Harwood Kaczmarczik-------------------------------*<:-)-------------
"Go right to the rose, go right to the white rose, I'll be waiting for you..."

ed@wente.llnl.GOV (Ed Suranyi) (06/27/91)

In article <51251@ut-emx.uucp> amadeus@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Susan Harwood Kaczmarczik) writes:
>And a particular question for Ed (or anyone who can answer it):
>Solstice has come and gone.  Is Sarah MacLachlan's new album out?

Actually, her album will be _Solace_, not _Solstice_, I believe.
I think it's out in Canada now (at least, the first single is
definitely out there), but the US release has been put off till
August, I think.

--
Ed Suranyi
ed@wente.llnl.gov  <---- Note new e-mail address