[net.lan] XNS

michaelr@elecvax.OZ (Michael Rourke) (04/23/85)

We are interested in getting hold of some XNS source to run
on our UNIX system (we have System V and bsd4.2 licences).
Has anybody written anything in the public domain?

I would also be interested to hear from anybody
with experiences (good or bad) with this network protocol under UNIX.

Interlan offers the source for $85K which seems a bit over the top!
(we could write it for much less than that).

PLEASE REPLY BY MAIL - My host isn't receiving netnews.

Michael Rourke
School of Elec Eng & Comp Sci	 ACSNET: michaelr@elecvax.oz
University of New South Wales	 UUCP: {decvax,vax135}!mulga!elecvax.oz!michaelr
Kensington NSW 2033 AUSTRALIA	 Phone: +61 2 697 4040

mark@tove.UUCP (Mark Weiser) (04/27/85)

In article <886@elecvax.OZ> michaelr@elecvax.OZ (Michael Rourke) writes:
>We are interested in getting hold of some XNS source to run
>on our UNIX system (we have System V and bsd4.2 licences).
>Has anybody written anything in the public domain?

I'll also reply by mail to this person, but since others might
be interested: Maryland has put xns up through spp into the
4.2 kernel, and Cornell is working on Courier and above.
We talk regularly to our Dandelions running Star and XDE with this.
Eventually it will all be available--you can get the Maryland
stuff now as part of the maryland software distribution if
you make a special request for the right forms to despina@maryland
or bane@maryland.
	-mark
--