[rec.music.gaffa] Name this live video

ph87272@cs.tut.fi (Petri Heinonen) (06/30/91)

Hi everyone!!!

Some of you should know the answer to this question (I hope).

When and where is this Kate's live performance (which I have on videotape
with quite poor quality) recorded:
 Kate sings Hounds of Love (I'm not sure is it playback or not).
 Del Palmer plays a synthesizer and Paddy a cello (or whatever it is
 called in English :-). The place looks like a big restaurant with many
 round tables and bright blue lights. Kate is wearing a long dress.

Thanks for any answers (you can also email me)!!!!
--
        Petri Heinonen
        ph87272@cs.tut.fi

graham@UG.CS.DAL.CA (Michael Graham) (06/30/91)

In article <1991Jun29.225451.1183@funet.fi> ph87272@cs.tut.fi (Petri Heinonen) writes:

>When and where is this Kate's live performance (which I have on videotape
>with quite poor quality) recorded:
> Kate sings Hounds of Love (I'm not sure is it playback or not).
> Del Palmer plays a synthesizer and Paddy a cello (or whatever it is
> called in English :-). The place looks like a big restaurant with many
> round tables and bright blue lights. Kate is wearing a long dress.

 Yeah - i have this also and I'm not sure where it is from...it is not the
 one with Gilmour.  I also have an old french? apearance wihch was pre-rec'd
 on cobblestone - Kate sang some songs in the streets in tight black jeans!
 Yeah! Any ideas on this one - the quality is horrendous!

got to see what Siskel and Ebert have to say about T2!
--
Michael Graham         |   "Well she's not really my half sister...err...
graham@ug.cs.dal.ca    |    more like 2/5ths"

spt1@ukc.ac.uk (Stephen Thomas) (06/30/91)

In article <1991Jun29.225451.1183@funet.fi> ph87272@cs.tut.fi (Petri Heinonen) writes:
>When and where is this Kate's live performance (which I have on videotape
>with quite poor quality) recorded:
> Kate sings Hounds of Love (I'm not sure is it playback or not).
> The place looks like a big restaurant with many
> round tables and bright blue lights. Kate is wearing a long dress.

If, at some point, a man in a suit comes on stage, dances with Kate a
bit, and then walks off just as the song finishes, then the venue is
the 1985 (1986?) BPI (British Phonographic Industry) awards, now called
the Brit awards.

Stephen
--
| "You've been having a nightmare.  | Stephen Thomas -------------------------|
|  And it's not over yet."          | Email: spt1@ukc.ac.uk; Smail: Computing |

ed@vsattui.llnl.GOV (Ed Suranyi) (07/01/91)

<
<If, at some point, a man in a suit comes on stage, dances with Kate a
<bit, and then walks off just as the song finishes, then the venue is
<the 1985 (1986?) BPI (British Phonographic Industry) awards, now called
<the Brit awards.

It was 1986.  Not all copies of this are so bad quality.  I have a pretty
good one.

--
Ed Suranyi              ed@wente.llnl.gov
Paul:  "It must be nice to always believe you know better -- to always