[comp.unix.cray] Tail wagging dog?

perry@ccssrv.UUCP (Perry Hutchison) (09/23/89)

In article <34948@apple.Apple.COM> malcolm@Apple.COM (Malcolm Slaney) writes:

> I can put up an xterm from the Cray directly to the Mac on my desk.

WHAATTT???  Does this mean what I think it does?  You're using a Cray session
to rlogin/telnet/whatever to a Mac?

This sounds like a very small tail wagging a very large dog!

malcolm@Apple.COM (Malcolm Slaney) (09/25/89)

In article <672@ccssrv.UUCP> perry@ccssrv.UUCP (Perry Hutchison) writes:
>In article <34948@apple.Apple.COM> malcolm@Apple.COM (Malcolm Slaney) writes:
>
>> I can put up an xterm from the Cray directly to the Mac on my desk.
>
>WHAATTT???  Does this mean what I think it does?  You're using a Cray session
>to rlogin/telnet/whatever to a Mac?
>
>This sounds like a very small tail wagging a very large dog!

OK....I slightly misspoke....but I am working on an application so that our
Cray can use the Macintosh on my desk as a real time audio output device.
Aren't networks wonderful?

								Malcolm

eugene@eos.UUCP (Eugene Miya) (09/26/89)

Yes?  What of it?  Have you ever heard of electronic mail for instance? 8)

We try tp practice equal opportunity computing.

Another gross generalization from

--eugene miya, NASA Ames Research Center, eugene@aurora.arc.nasa.gov
  resident cynic at the Rock of Ages Home for Retired Hackers:
  "If my mail does not reach you, please accept my apology."
  {ncar,decwrl,hplabs,uunet}!ames!eugene
  				Live free or die.