[comp.unix.cray] CRAY PROGRAMMING

cullip@pooh.cs.unc.edu (Timothy Cullip) (09/21/90)

Now that I've started to program on a Cray Y-MP, I've wondered
whether or not there is a newsgroup dedicated to cray programming
questions.  I did a simple search of newsgroups with the subword
of cray in them, and this is the only one I found.  I don't really
want a newsgroup that is oriented to unix questions on the cray,
but rather generally programming questions concerning optimizations
and such.  Anyone out there know of an appropriate newsgroup for
such information?

   Tim Cullip

eugene@eos.UUCP (Eugene Miya) (09/22/90)

In article <16183@thorin.cs.unc.edu> cullip@pooh.cs.unc.edu
(Timothy Cullip) writes:
>Anyone out there know of an appropriate newsgroup for such information?

Sure, this one.

Newsgroups are forked off (made) when the traffic on a topic in one group
reaches a point of irritation or concentration warrenting a separation.
Do not let the "unix" deter you.  We nearly all have the capability
of skipping articles and individual topics.  If your question is more
algorithmic, you might bring one of the math or numerical analysis groups in
(even a careful cross-post/follow-up).  But generally any relevant thing
can go in low traffic groups such as this.

Additionally the Cray (CRI and CCC) people tend to be very responsive.

--e.n. miya, NASA Ames Research Center, eugene@orville.nas.nasa.gov
  {uunet,mailrus,most gateways}!ames!eugene