[comp.protocols.iso.dev-environ] Communications Week article of July 3, 1989

peter@HADRIAN.UWO.CA (Peter Marshall) (07/07/89)

I'd be interested in your little white paper on the white pages pilot.
I got a hit of it from a paper done by the President of NYSERnet at
the NetNorth/CDN conference in Montreal last month, but I'd like to
get some more detail.  If the files are anonymous ftp-able, just point
me.  Thanks.

sylvain@chorus.fr (Sylvain Langlois) (07/07/89)

> ps: If you want more information on the white pages pilot, let me know,
> privately (to cut down on netmail).  I can send you a postscript files
> containing a little white paper on it.

I don't know if this P.S. was addresses specifically to Juan Pizzorno,
but since it came out on the mailing list, here is my request: could
you send me this file? If you prefer I could also try to retrieve
them by ftp somewhere on nyser.net...

Thanks in advance.

One other thing I would like to discuss is the EON project. I
discovered it in the RFC-can't-remember-which-number. It seems rather
interesting. I have a group of people here (not in Chorus but in a
french university) which have a set of Sun's and Vax'es. I'm currently
installing ISODE 5.0 on their network. They would be very interested
in participating to this project.
My question is:  what are the assumptions about this participation in
terms of software (and even hardware) for them to be useful and
productive in the project? They have no native OSI low layers running
at the moment, but I'm talking with Kirk mcKusick and Keith Sklower
for getting the future 4.4BSD network package as soon as the ARGO
stuff is integrated in beta-test form. would it be sufficient if we
run this beta version on one of their Vax'es? (guess they have to buy
the Eicon board too!). They would also be interested in using ISODE on
their VMS boxes.

Any info is welcome

Sylvain
----------------
Sylvain Langlois		  "Dogmatic attachement to the supposed merits
(sylvain@chorus.fr)		   of a particular structure hinders the search
(sylvain%chorus.fr@uunet.uu.net)   of an appropriate structure" (Robert Fripp)

davecb@nexus.yorku.ca (David Collier-Brown) (07/07/89)

In article <8907040839.AB24085@rice.edu> you write:
>ps: If you want more information on the white pages pilot, let me know,
>privately (to cut down on netmail).  I can send you a postscript files
>containing a little white paper on it.

I'd like a copy. pleade

--dave (packrat) c-b

--
David Collier-Brown,  | davecb@yunexus, ...!yunexus!davecb or
72 Abitibi Ave.,      | {toronto area...}lethe!dave

dd@ARIEL.UNM.EDU (07/07/89)

You mention that you have a "white paper" on this service - I would like to
read it very much.

Thank you.

db@EAST.SUN.COM (David Brownell) (07/09/89)

yes, please forward me some Postscript description of the white pages
pilot.  does it solve any of the problems that YP for passwd data does
on UNIX?

--
    David Brownell			dbrownell@sun.com
    Sun Entry Systems Software		sun!suneast!db

vera@portia.Stanford.EDU (James Vera) (07/13/89)

When has the meaning of replying privately changed to mean posting a
request across the net!  Please!!
--
James S. Vera      |         Internet	       |Standard Disclaimers
Stanford University| vera@portia.stanford.edu  |Blah Blah Blah Blah