[comp.protocols.iso.dev-environ] ODA applications

brian@ditmela.oz (Brian May) (10/11/89)

Hi all,

anyone out there developing/ developed applications for ODA (ie conversion from
TEX -> ODA -> TEX), or any other WPs or text formatters?

Any info and/or dialogue would be useful.

Brian May.

(brian@ditmela.oz)

guy@guy.uucp (Guy Streeter) (10/16/89)

brian@ditmela.oz (Brian May) writes:
>anyone out there developing/ developed applications for ODA (ie conversion from
>TEX -> ODA -> TEX), or any other WPs or text formatters?

I don't quite see the point.  ODA is not a markup language.  There isn't
necessarily enough information even in the TeX input to make useful ODA
input.  LaTeX source might be translated a little easier.  The type of
information in ODA is "here is a title, here is a chapter header, here
is a paragraph."  The information in TeX and most other WPs is more like
"here put a character in this font, there put a character in that font."
I don't see how you could translate between the two.

Guy Streeter
b11!guy!guy@ingr.com
...uunet!ingr!b11!guy!guy