[comp.protocols.iso.dev-environ] Problems with str2aei

murthy@betaal.UUCP (C. V. R. Murthy) (10/18/90)

Hello!

This is our first posting onto this USENET newsgroups; I was looking
for a newsgroup concerned with the ISODE. I really do not know if this
the right group; appreciate if someone could place this article to
a proper people/forum.

WE have recently installed the ISODE Rel 5.0 on our 386 Unix system V
with TCP/IP. It works fine; at least quipu DSA and DUA can interact.

I wanted to experiment with the lookup daemon and see how the
remote operations(ry) specs can be implemented using the rich tools
available under ISODE.
I have defined a new service:

	ernet passwdstore 1.17.4.1.7 "" "" #1040

in the TOPDIR/etc/isoentities.

I compiled the ros.lookup daemon (had some problems with some call to
isodeserver() but I'll explain later) and inst-alled.
When I ran ros.quipu daemon, I get the following error:

ernet-passwdstore: unknown application-entity

Then I wanted to confirm this with the acsaptest program;
the acsaptest when it was run without any argument, it shows an
entry as follows:
	ISO Entities Database:
	Entity: ernet-passwdstore (1.17.4.1.7)
	AE Info: <1.17.4.1.7,,,>
	Address: '0410'H/
	{
		tSelector '0410'H,
		nAddress{}
	}
But when I run
% acsaptest ernet passwdstore
then I have no luck!

(The ns_enable: field was set to on first then it called
str2aei_dse() and it was set to off in another try;
the net result is same!).
Can anybody suggest me what is going wrong ?

2. Further, I do not really understand the isodeserver() mechanism
provided in the ry modules; how should one go about writing this?
Is there any sample program for the lookup daemon?

3. And lastly, I seem to be having problems with logging messages:
the following entry gives me a core dump:
	static LLog _pgm_log = {
	"/usr2/isode/isode-5.0/log/logfile", NULLCP, NULLCP,
	LLOG_FATAL | LLOGEXCEPTIONS | LLOG_NOTICE,
	-1,
	LLOGCLS | LLOGCRT | LLOGZER,
	NOTOK
	};
	LLog *pgm_log = &_pgm_log;

Thanks in advance
& waiting eagerly for responses,

---Murthy.
		Point: Tripping on the Wires..
C.V.Moorti.	Personal Computer networks to distributed transactons!
Phone: 5143609	5141421 (x2750).

pww@bnr.ca (Peter Whittaker) (10/20/90)

In article <559@.betaal.UUCP> murthy@betaal.UUCP (C. V. R. Murthy) writes:
>Hello!

>the following entry gives me a core dump:
>	static LLog _pgm_log = {
>	"/usr2/isode/isode-5.0/log/logfile", NULLCP, NULLCP,
>	LLOG_FATAL | LLOGEXCEPTIONS | LLOG_NOTICE,
>	-1,
>	LLOGCLS | LLOGCRT | LLOGZER,
>	NOTOK
>	};
>	LLog *pgm_log = &_pgm_log;
>
>Thanks in advance
>& waiting eagerly for responses,

You need one more line (you took this structure straight from the manual,
without checking the argument count - naughty, naughty :-)).

LLOG_FATAL | LLOGEXCEPTIONS | LLOG_NOTICE,
LLOG_NONE,                      /* no syslog logging */
-1,

That should do it.

ISODE is really quite neat, and fun to use (not to mention useful,
functional, and free.... :@}) but the manuals run at about 75% accurate.

(For further news, join the QUIPU discussion group:  QUIPU-REQUEST@cs.ucl.ac.uk
It's not on the Internet at large (as far as I know), but is available as
a mail-out to any interested party).

--
Peter W. (pww@bnr.ca)
"'True wisdom consists of knowing that you know nothing.'  Hey, that's us!"