[comp.protocols.iso.dev-environ] ISODE<->PP

smy@RUFSUN2.FFM.FGAN.DE (Hardy Smyczek) (01/23/91)

Can anybody tell me if PP will be included in the next
ISODE package ?

Thanks
     Hardy

j.onions@xtel.co.uk (Julian Onions) (01/23/91)

Yes, I can tell you. It won't be. The decision has been taken to release
PP separately from ISODE. It should in general be available a short time
after each major ISODE release.

Julian.

doelz@urz.unibas.ch (01/24/91)

In article <13160.664619053@xtel.co.uk>, j.onions@xtel.co.uk (Julian Onions) writes:
> Yes, I can tell you. It won't be. The decision has been taken to release
> PP separately from ISODE. It should in general be available a short time
> after each major ISODE release.

Does this mean that you can implement PP without ISODE ?

Regards
Reinhard

kremer@cs.utwente.nl (Harro Kremer) (01/25/91)

Onions) writes:
|> > Yes, I can tell you. It won't be. The decision has been taken to
release
|> > PP separately from ISODE. It should in general be available a short
time
|> > after each major ISODE release.
|> >

|> Does this mean that you can implement PP without ISODE ?

Since PP is released after ISODE , the question should be:
Do you need PP for every implementation of ISODE ?

Harro
| Harro Kremer                                             |
| Dept. of Computer Science                                |
| University of Twente                                     |
| P.O. Box 217                Email: kremer@cs.utwente.nl  |
| 7500 AE  Enschede           voice: +31 53 89 3755        |
| Netherlands                 fax  : +31 53 33 3815        |

j.onions@xtel.co.uk (Julian Onions) (01/28/91)

No - PP requires ISODE, but the effort involved in putting together
a relase of ISODE or PP is non-trivial. As many of the same people are
involved in both it takes that much longer. Having them separate is
therefore likely to make both of them more solid.

Julian.