[comp.protocols.iso.dev-environ] X.25 using PSI-access on VAX/VMS

omahony@swift.cs.tcd.ie (02/19/91)

In article <m0j6jDU-0003GQC@uts.uni-c.dk>, uniel@UTS.UNI-C.DK (Erik Lawaetz) writes:
> Has anybody any experience with X.25 communication from
> ISODE on Ultrix, e.g. using "PSI-Access" on a VAX/VMS as
> gateway to X.25?
> ---
I am currently looking at adapting ISODE to run over "DEC X.25 Access
for ULTRIX".

This software makes a DECNET connection to either a VMS Node running PSI,
or a DEC X.25 router using this connection, launches and receives X.25
packets.

It looks as though the port will be non-trivial, as the DEC X.25 interface
software is not based on sockets - instead, it uses "virtual circuit" data
structures that have operations that are somewhat similar to those on sockets.

This means delving into the workings of files such as ./tsap/tp0ts.c
which has a higher concentration of #ifdef'ed code than I have ever come
across before.

If there is anybody out there that has either design documentation for
ISODE tsap directory, or experience in doing something similar, I'd like to
hear from them.  Better still, if anybody has already done this - please
let me know.

Donal O'Mahony
Computer Science Department
Trinity College