[comp.protocols.iso.dev-environ] problems compiling ISODE-6.8 under SunOS-4.1.1 with shared libs

michael@uni-paderborn.de (Michael Schmidt) (04/12/91)

I tried to compile isode-6.8 under SunOS4.1.1 (on a SparcStation, if
it matters) with shared libraries defined. I got the following error:

PSAP library built normally
cc -I. -I../h   -pic -c psaptest.c
cc -s -o psaptest psaptest.o libpsap.a ../libcompat.a
ld: libpsap.a(pe2pl.o): object file inconsistency: nonexistent symbol
*** Error code 4

Compiling without shared libraries went fine. But the resulting programms
are really huge. So I really want to do it with shared libraries.

If you need more information, let me know.
--
      Michael Schmidt, FB 17, Uni-GH Paderborn, Warburgerstr. 100,
                     D-4790 Paderborn, West Germany

a2824ak@sunmanager.lrz-muenchen.de (Thomas Kaiser) (04/12/91)

michael@uni-paderborn.de (Michael Schmidt) writes:

>I tried to compile isode-6.8 under SunOS4.1.1 (on a SparcStation, if
>it matters) with shared libraries defined. I got the following error:

>PSAP library built normally
>cc -I. -I../h   -pic -c psaptest.c
>cc -s -o psaptest psaptest.o libpsap.a ../libcompat.a
>ld: libpsap.a(pe2pl.o): object file inconsistency: nonexistent symbol
>*** Error code 4

>Compiling without shared libraries went fine. But the resulting programms
>are really huge. So I really want to do it with shared libraries.

>If you need more information, let me know.
>--
>      Michael Schmidt, FB 17, Uni-GH Paderborn, Warburgerstr. 100,
>                     D-4790 Paderborn, West Germany
>Mail:   michael@pbinfo.UUCP         or          michael@uni-paderborn.de

you have to remove in CONFIG.make then ld -r -x and mv commands
i have done it and it works fine.

Thomas Kaiser
LRZ-Muenchen

Thomas Kaiser         Internet:	kaiser@sunmanager.lrz-muenchen.de
LRZ-Muenchen          X400:	C=DE;A=DBP;P=LRZ-MUENCHEN;OU=LRZ;S=Kaiser