[comp.protocols.iso.dev-environ] Asynchronous Connection Est

Jimmy_Guse.NSD@LCCMAIL.OCF.LLNL.GOV (Jimmy Guse) (04/13/91)

 Subject:                                                    Date: 4/12/91
 Asynchronous Connection Establishment                       Time: 9:54 AM

I am wondering if anyone has had experience with using ISODE in a multitasking
environment.  We have run into what appears to be a mandatory blocking call
which Sinit() makes to TReadRequest().  This call blocks the entire process and
does not appear to be avoidable.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jimmy
guse@llnl.gov

sandoval@dit.upm.es (04/17/91)

> Subject:                                                    Date: 4/12/91
> Asynchronous Connection Establishment                       Time: 9:54 AM
>
>I am wondering if anyone has had experience with using ISODE in a multitasking
>environment.  We have run into what appears to be a mandatory blocking call
>which Sinit() makes to TReadRequest().  This call blocks the entire process and
>does not appear to be avoidable.

For that reason and due to the fact that the asynchronous mechanism
(SConRequest and SRelRequest) did not work in versions earlier to 6.0
(I am not sure if it works now) the only solution I found was to have
one process per session connection and all of them attached to a another
static process in charge of handling multiple connections.

Pedro M. Sandoval
dpt. Telematica
E.T.S.I. Telecomunicacion
MADRID