[gnu.emacs.gnews] how to mark articles as unread

stef@sunfra (Stephane Payrard - Sun France Consulting) (08/15/89)

        hi

I just have installed gnews and the gnews.info manual.
It seems great to use such a tool  to read news
from a (very) remote site.
Nevertheless the manual is not beginner-friendly.
I know well gnuemacs and a few of elisp.
I have no time to dive in the internals of gnews.
I am the only user of gnuemacs and gnews in my site.
Given these informations, can someone give me a simple way
to mark a range of articles in a newsgroup as unread.

Is there a way different than editing .gnewsrc (or .gnwsrc.new)?

weemba@beaver.ics.uci.edu (Matthew P Wiener) (08/22/89)

In article <811@pitstop.West.Sun.COM>, stef@sunfra (Stephane Payrard - Sun France Consulting) writes:
>        hi

Hello everybody.

>Given these informations, can someone give me a simple way to mark a
>range of articles in a newsgroup as unread.

Try something like `3155-3158,3162,3166,3190-3198m' while in the
newsgroup.  If you're trying to do something more specific, describe
it, as there's likely going to be an easier way to do it.
--
-Matthew P Wiener (weemba@beaver.ics.uci.edu, weemba@math.berkeley.edu)

barnett@crdgw1.crd.ge.com (Bruce Barnett) (08/22/89)

In article <21410@paris.ics.uci.edu>, weemba@beaver (Matthew P Wiener) writes:
>Try something like `3155-3158,3162,3166,3190-3198m' while in the
>newsgroup.  If you're trying to do something more specific, describe
>it, as there's likely going to be an easier way to do it.

I didn't pse the original question, but ...

I would like to be able to select a region, and mark all of the items
in the region as read.

Any ideas?

--
Bruce G. Barnett	<barnett@crdgw1.ge.com>   uunet!crdgw1!barnett

weemba@beaver.ics.uci.edu (Matthew P Wiener) (08/24/89)

In article <1808@crdgw1.crd.ge.com>, barnett@crdgw1 (Bruce Barnett) writes:
>I would like to be able to select a region, and mark all of the items
>in the region as read.

I assume you are referring to Index Mode.  Try M-m (index-mark-region).
--
-Matthew P Wiener (weemba@beaver.ics.uci.edu, weemba@math.berkeley.edu)