[gnu.bash.bug] Help!

bfox@sbphy.ai.mit.edu (Brian Fox) (12/12/89)

    From: humpty!icn@relay.eu.net (Inge Chr. Nagelhus)

    Hi!
	    Though very high praise from my friends, I have not been able
    to compile bash successfully on our computer(s), maybe due to different
    hardware (error not showing up on their 68030 SYSV computer).

    After a "make", the following pops up:

	    gcc -traditional -c  -g -Di386 -DTARGET=i386 -DSYSV -I./ jobs.c
    nojobs.c: In function wait_for:
    nojobs.c:168: invalid lvalue in assignment

   From: comcon!tim@uunet.uu.net (Tim Brown)
   Date: Mon, 11 Dec 89 15:29:50 AST

   I am running ISC202 SysV3.2 on a 386.  I get pretty far but don't what to
   do with this error:

	   cc -c  -g -Bstatic -DATT386 -DTARGET=ATT386 -DSYSV -I./ jobs.c
   "./nojobs.c", line 168: illegal lhs of assignment operator

   Can you help point me in the right direction?

Yeah.  The left hand side of the assignment operator is bad.  That line
is:

	     status.w_termsig = status.w_retcode = 0;

and the problem is the definition for status.w_termsig...

(jobs.h)
#define w_termsig bytes.low & 0x7f

Try:
#define w_termsig bytes.low

and see if Bash works after you compile it.  Please let me know.

Brian Fox

PS: This answers both people, yes?