[net.followup] ***** net.insurance ??? *****

heiser@cca.UUCP (Bill Heiser) (09/17/84)

Regarding your request for a net.insurance newsgroup:

I personally don't the problem you described in dealing with insurance
companies, but that is probably due to the fact that I worked for one for
a couple of years.  I agree, though, that this could be a useful newsgroup
for the "average person" who hasn't had this direct kind of exposure...

spaf@gatech.UUCP (Gene Spafford) (09/20/84)

Discussion about the creation of a new newsgroup should be conducted in
the "net.news.group" newsgroup.  If you are going to continue any
discussion, please at least include the net.news.group audience.

We really don't need an net.insurance.  If you want to talk about
insurance, discuss it in net.consumers or net.misc.  If the volume over
time appears to justify a separate newsgroup, then we can always create
one.

Newsgroups are like marriages.  They're very easy to register, but they
are difficult to get rid of, even when they aren't working the way they
were intended.  We should have a demonstrated need before creating any
new newsgroups.
--
Off the Wall of Gene Spafford
The Clouds Project, School of ICS, Georgia Tech, Atlanta GA 30332

spaf@gatech.UUCP (Gene Spafford) (09/20/84)

Discussion about the creation of a new newsgroup should be
conducted in the "net.news.group" newsgroup.  If you are
going to conti

spaf@gatech.UUCP (Gene Spafford) (09/27/84)

[This is a reposting.  Many sites "downstream" of amd and dual
received the first version of this in a severely truncated form. --gene]

Discussion about the creation of a new newsgroup should be
conducted in the "net.news.group" newsgroup.  If you are
going to continue this discussion, please at least include
the net.news.group audience.

We really don't need a net.insurance.  If you want to talk
about insurance, discuss it in net.consumers or net.misc.
If the volume over time appears to justify a separate newsgroup,
then we can always create one.

Newsgroups are like pregnancies.  They aren't too difficult to start
(and it's often done with enthusiasm and fanfare), but after a few
months when no one wants them anymore, a great hue and cry is raised if
anyone tries to terminate them.  In both cases, we should think a bit
more before we act.  (Comments about my analogy should be directed to
net.abortion :-)