[comp.sys.intergraph] DECwindows on an Intergraph Workstation

weyh@ladwp.UUCP (Darwin C. Weyh) (04/09/90)

We have an Intergraph VAX 785 running VMS 5.1.  We also have a number of
InterPro 220's which have X11 on them.  They are netted together with
Ethernet and XNS.  Is there anyway I can access DECwindows with these
workstations??
Darwin C. Weyh -- Consultant for the Los Angeles Dept of Water and Power
POB 111 Rm 848   Los Angeles,  CA 90012  (213) 580-0822

reha@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Reha Elci) (04/10/90)

In article <753@ladwp.UUCP> weyh@ladwp.UUCP (Darwin C. Weyh) writes:

>We have an Intergraph VAX 785 running VMS 5.1.  We also have a number of
>InterPro 220's which have X11 on them.  They are netted together with
>Ethernet and XNS.  Is there anyway I can access DECwindows with these
>workstations??
>--

VMS 5.1 may not do (it has really old versions of DECW$ stuff) but definitely
with 5.3 which has TCP/IP support. For instance, if the InterPro 220 node
name was TARGET you would say

$ set display/create/node=TARGET/transport=TCPIP
$ run sys$system:DEC$program

	where "program" maybe terminal, or calendar etc....

So not too difficult...

Reha Elci