[soc.religion.christian] Answers for Lance, but not from Dave ;)

jygabler@ucdavis.edu (Jason Gabler) (08/12/89)

In article <Aug.9.02.40.10.1989.9606@athos.rutgers.edu> fibercom!lab@uunet.uu.net (Lance Beckner) writes:
>I have a couple of questions for you concerning the predestination
>issue.  As I examine this, I see a couple of problems.
>
>1)   Evangelism:  If God has already decided whom He wants to save
>     and whom He doesn't want to save, why should we bother to
>     share the Gospel with others.  It would be a waste of time to
>     share the Gospel with someone that God hates, wouldn't it?

of Mike Warnke  (excuse me if the spelling of his last name is wrong).  A man
who was in the high ranks of the occult is now a devout Christian working
against the occult.  All becuase (as with every other Christian) some one took
the time to obey God and share the Gospel with Mike in one way or another.

>2)   The Christian walk:  Why should we walk in a manner that
>     pleases God?  For that matter, why should we make a decision
>     to accept Christ as Savior anyway?  If God wants to save me,
>     He will.  Even if I decide not to accept it, I can not change
>     God's mind.

	The Bible tells us we are to confess Jesus as Lord with our heart and
mind, and our lips to be saved.  I truly feel (as I posted a few weeks ago)
that since God knows us in our mothers womb, He picks out those whos' hearts
are humble enough to accept Him.  Those are the people that he spends the
precious short time of existance of this earth to pour His heart out to.  If
God so chooses you to get saved, it is greatly because you are humble enough. So
if you do not accept, you probably never would have and never will, and God knew
long before you were born.  God doesn't "waste" His time.

Jason Gabler	           |       Whatever you do, do your work heartily,
ccjason@castor.ucdavis.edu |          as for the Lord, rather than men
jygabler@ucdavis.edu       |                   Colossians 13:23
edu!ucdavis!jygabler       |                        ><>