[soc.religion.christian] inconsistency in Bible

kwan@cs.ucla.edu (Edmund Kwan) (11/29/89)

Can someone email me some examples of inconsistencies between
different books/chapters in the Bible?  I vaguely remember
seeing such a listing in this newsgroup N+1 months ago.
Thanks a bunch.
kwan@cs.ucla.edu

davem@watmath.waterloo.edu (Dave Mielke) (12/04/89)

In article <Nov.29.00.37.28.1989.25986@athos.rutgers.edu> kwan@cs.ucla.edu (Edmund Kwan) writes:
>Can someone email me some examples of inconsistencies between
>different books/chapters in the Bible?  I vaguely remember
>seeing such a listing in this newsgroup N+1 months ago.

There is no such thing as an inconsistency in the Bible. There are
several passages which appear, on the surface, to be inconsistent with
one another. Further research, however, shows them to be entirely
consistent with not only each other but also all other passages too. If
anyone really believes that he has found what he feels to be an
irrefutable inconsistency then please let me know. I'll do my best to
show the consistency that is being overlooked. I may fail, but that
will be due to my own lack of understanding and not to God's inability
to give us a completely consistent message. I welcome the challenge.

    Dave Mielke, 613-726-0014
    856 Grenon Avenue
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    K2B 6G3