[soc.religion.christian] comments on contradictory accounts

davidbu@tekigm2.men.tek.com (David Buxton) (12/17/89)

A few years ago I read a book by a former Agnostic, or was he an
Atheist.  He was from a German school famous for the skeptics it
turned out.  He set out to prove the story of Jesus was a fraud
and ended up a Christian.  One reason - he said that if all the
accounts were consistent then that would prove a conspiracy.
His observation was that all the accounts were just as consistent
as a detective would expect when interviewing witnesses of a crime
scene.  He saw the right balance of consistency and inconsistency
to convince him that these stories were indeed genuine.

Dave (David E. Buxton)

davidbu@tekigm2.MEN.TEK.COM

phys-bb@garnet.berkeley.edu (12/19/89)

In article <Dec.17.02.13.34.1989.15429@athos.rutgers.edu> davidbu@tekigm2.men.tek.com (David Buxton) writes:

>A few years ago I read a book by a former Agnostic, or was he an
>Atheist.  He was from a German school famous for the skeptics it
>turned out.  He set out to prove the story of Jesus was a fraud
>and ended up a Christian.  One reason - he said that if all the

There is another book, by a journalist named Frank Morrison, called
Who Moved the Stone?  He also was an agnostic (atheist?) who set
out to disprove Christianity (specifically, the resurrection)
and ended up believing in it after he did all his research.  I
recommend the book.

phys-bb@garnet.berkeley.edu	   ". . .into the narrow lanes,
(John Warren)			    I can't stumble or stay put. . ."