[soc.religion.christian] _This_Present_Darkness_

userUAC3@mts.ucs.UAlberta.CA (02/07/90)

In article <Jan.29.21.06.58.1990.3244@athos.rutgers.edu>, sly@vax1.acs.udel.edu

>Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but I recently heard a rumor that
>Steven Spielberg was working on a movie version of _This_Present_Darkness_
>Anyone ELSE want to add anything (yes or no)?

Oh, I hope he isn't.  Spielberg is not a Christian, and he doesn't
like Christianity.  Remember E.T.?  That was his "religious
statement" on Christianity.  While THIS PRESENT DARKNESS would make
a superb movie, Spielberg just doesn't seem to have the background
to do the story justice.

  -= Scott Advani =-

------------------
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and
the Word was God." - John 1:1

sdeering@athena.mit.edu (Scott E Deering) (02/09/90)

In article <Feb.7.00.47.43.1990.16641@athos.rutgers.edu>,
userUAC3@mts.ucs.UAlberta.CA writes:
> In article <Jan.29.21.06.58.1990.3244@athos.rutgers.edu>,
sly@vax1.acs.udel.edu

> >Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but I recently heard a rumor that
> >Steven Spielberg was working on a movie version of _This_Present_Darkness_
> >Anyone ELSE want to add anything (yes or no)?
>
> Oh, I hope he isn't.  Spielberg is not a Christian, and he doesn't
> like Christianity.  Remember E.T.?

I agree, but I hope that Industrial, Light and Magic is hired to do the
special effects. Their great!  If the movie was directed/produced/etc.
by people with the talent to pull off Perentti's story in a fairly
complete fashion and the perspective to stick to the truth were to do
it, I would be first on line to see it! The plot was excellent and if
someone is able to translate it to film, it would be a powerful movie.
By the way, does anyone know if there is a third book, following
"Piercing the Darkness"?

>   -= Scott Advani =-

> "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and
> the Word was God." - John 1:1

Scott Deering

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities,
against powers, against the rulers of this present darkness, against
spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places."   Eph. 6:12