[soc.religion.christian] Computers and Christianity

jerry@altos86.Altos.COM (Jerry Gardner) (03/16/90)

In article <Mar.10.23.42.08.1990.6653@athos.rutgers.edu> huggins@dip.eecs.umich.edu (James K. Huggins) writes:

>How do you find that your beliefs impact your computing work and vice
>versa?  I'm trying to figure out how the two areas relate for myself,
>and I'm interested in what other people think.

As an atheist, I read this newsgroup, and others like it, as a source of
information on issues that concern me: creationist attempts to force their
point of view into school textbooks, school prayer, the separation of church
and state, etc.  Reading this group gives me a chance to see how those on
the opposite side of the fence view these issues.  This understanding thus
helps me to confront those attempting to push their religion on the public.

--
Jerry Gardner, NJ6A					Altos Computer Systems
UUCP: {sun|pyramid|sco|amdahl|uunet}!altos86!jerry	2641 Orchard Parkway