[soc.religion.christian] The Life by Michael Card

dbarnes@unix.sri.com (Dave Barnes) (08/06/90)

In article <Jul.20.04.03.11.1990.17977@athos.rutgers.edu> jow@pacbell.com (Jeff Westman) writes:
> > His first trilogy on the life of Christ is supposed to be just as good,
> > so I will buy that ASAP.

>Yes (it is)  --  get it!
>
>Jeff

It's been several weeks since I posted the above comment about buying
the Trilogy ASAP.  Well, I did go out and buy it.  It's called "The Life",
and it is a trilogy of the life of Christ.  I've been listening to it for
several weeks now and few musical works have stirred me as this one has.
You really owe it to yourself to get this  tape (or CD).

Michael Card has quickly become one of my favorite Christian musicians,
though he is more than a musician/entertainer.  It's like being in
church or in a study class.

If any of you know of others Christian musicians who are like him, please post.
David Barnes
UUCP: {pyramid,sri-unix,ingr}!apd!dbarnes     415/852-2365
USPS: Intergraph APD, 2400 Geng Road, Palo Alto, CA  94303

dave@mars.njit.edu (Dave Michaels cccc) (08/12/90)

I am wonderfully blessed by Keith Green's music on _The Ministry
Years_ Vol I.  Today I just bought vol II, which I don't think I like
as much.  His music is so fantastic to me, and fills me with such
emotion, I am scared of paying too much attention to the creaion
rather than the Creator.  But the fact that I have that fear reassures
me that as long as I keep fearing that mistake, I will hopefully not
make it!  I have recently herd Michael Card at Creation '90, and
purchased _In The Beginning_.  Partly due to your testimony I will
soon buy _The Life_.
  Keith Green I must urge you to hear.  His voice contains such
passion and devotion, I could almost prove Jesus to an atheist with
it.  I often cry listening to it.  And, if you can't afford his music,
Pretty Good Records, the label Keith started, will give it to you
free.
  Peace,

--
-Dave Michaels, vigilent student of the New Jersey Institute of Tecnology
INTERNET: dave@mars.njit.edu  "I am the resurrection and the life.  He who

acb@cs.rochester.edu (Amy ?) (08/12/90)

In article <Aug.5.21.45.46.1990.18393@athos.rutgers.edu> garth!dbarnes@unix.sri.com (Dave Barnes) writes:
>In article <Jul.20.04.03.11.1990.17977@athos.rutgers.edu> jow@pacbell.com (Jeff Westman) writes:
>> > His first trilogy on the life of Christ is supposed to be just as good,
>> > so I will buy that ASAP.
>>Yes (it is)  --  get it!
      Be careful The Life has the same songs as Known by The Scars, Scandilon
      and a third album that constitutes a trilogy.
>It's been several weeks since I posted the above comment about buying
>the Trilogy ASAP.  Well, I did go out and buy it.  It's called "The Life",
>and it is a trilogy of the life of Christ.  I've been listening to it for
>several weeks now and few musical works have stirred me as this one has.
>You really owe it to yourself to get this  tape (or CD).
>
>Michael Card has quickly become one of my favorite Christian musicians,
>though he is more than a musician/entertainer.  It's like being in
>church or in a study class.
      If you enjoyed The Life Michael Card has released some albums since
      Present Reality has songs about living the Christian life. His latest
      album called The Beginning is the first in a series of albums on the
      Pentateuch (sp?). The Beginning is a wonderful album because M.C.
      compares the life and person of Christ to Old Testament stories. One
      of my favorites is a song about Abraham offering Isaac, his only son.
      God is not asking Abraham to do anything that He hasn't already done
      by sacrificing His only son for us. I could go on for pages about
      Michael Card,but I will finish by saying that I saw him in concert
      just over a year ago and it was wonderful. He also has an album of
      lullabies for children called Sleep Sounds in Jesus.
>If any of you know of others Christian musicians who are like him, please post.
      One of my other favorite Christian musicians is Wayne Watson, he has
      a similiar mellow acoustic sound to Michael Card. He has wonderful
      gift for lyrics and melody. I would reccommend his albums Giants in the
      Land, Water Coloured Ponies and Fine Line.

					  In Him,
					  Amy

	It looks like The Beginning has already been discussed my
	apologies.:)

mcdemarco@amherst.bitnet ( ) (08/17/90)

   f Westman) writes:

>>Michael Card has quickly become one of my favorite Christian musicians,
>>If any of you know of others Christian musicians who are like him, please post
   .

I am also very fond of Michael Card, especially "Present Reality."
He actually did some things BEFORE "The Life," in fact, one of the songs
on his latest album is from way back then.  That's all before my time...

Other people have mentioned Keith Green, so I'll just bring up one of my
very favorites, Rich Mullins.  If you like Michael Card, you'll love
this guy, too.  IMHO, "Winds of Heaven, Stuff of Earth" is his best
album.

If you like Kansas, one of the band, Kerry Livgren, is a Christian and
does stuff with another band called AD.  I hear that it's very good,
but I can't afford to find out for myself.  And if you're into hippie
music, you might try to dig up some Larry Norman...

mary

mcdemarc@amherst.bitnet

johnw@stew.ssl.berkeley.edu (John Warren) (08/27/90)

In article <Aug.17.03.33.45.1990.7826@athos.rutgers.edu> mcdemarco@amherst.bitnet ( ) writes:
>If you like Kansas, one of the band, Kerry Livgren, is a Christian and
>does stuff with another band called AD.  I hear that it's very good,
>but I can't afford to find out for myself.  And if you're into hippie
>music, you might try to dig up some Larry Norman...
>
>mary
>
>mcdemarc@amherst.bitnet

Larry Norman is awesome!  His faith leaps off the vinyl at you.
If you like him you'll probably like Bob Dylan's later stuff (everything
since Slow Train Coming).