[soc.religion.christian] Correction of attribution, if you please

gross@dg-rtp.dg.com (Gene Gross) (10/03/90)

In article <Sep.30.21.19.50.1990.16689@athos.rutgers.edu> PMOLONEY@vax1.tcd.ie (Boycott Sal's !!) writes:
>gross@dg-rtp.dg.com (Gene Gross) writes:
>
>>In article <Sep.6.04.11.09.1990.26207@athos.rutgers.edu> hoyt@megatek.uucp
>(Hoyt Stearns) writes:
>>>
>>>If Saddam's adventure is indeed part of the Divine Plan, what does this augur
>>>for the western world's prospects?  Surely the USA stands on no high
>>>moral ground.
>
>The devil is very clever. I believe Satan is stirring up strife in the
>middle east to take the attention away from his dirty work in Europe. The
>ten toes of Daniel's vision is forming now, and remember that the
>Antichrist will come from the revived Roman Empire.
>Alan

I did not write the above lines.  The actual poster is Alan (last name I
did not catch).  This is not to say I disagree nor agree with Alan's
assessment of the world situation.  So please, in future, get the
attribution correct.  Not a flame--I understand how this sort of thing
happens.  Thanks.

>I would like to know the reasons why you allowed this article to be posted in
>your newsgroup. It shows, to me and a number of friends, nothing less than a
>rationalisation of anti-European feeling by pandering to fundamentalism, and I
>think is quite inappropriate to a newsgroup with a world-wide distribution.

Paul, what Alan says has been a view of eschatology for a number of
years now.  If this is part of the vaunted "free marketplace of ideas,"
then why push for censorship?

BTW, I don't see what Alan said as promoting anti-European feelings.
None of the fundamentalists that I know who hold to this interpretation
of prophecy are proponents of any anti-European measures.  Nor do I see
what the moderator has done as pandering to anyone's position.

Because He lives,

Gene Gross