[soc.religion.christian] Israel is real

etxtdi@diana4.ericsson.se (Tord Ivarsson TM/JLE 95406) (10/19/90)

Tom Albrecht writes in article <Oct.6.21.07.39.1990.809@athos.rutgers.edu>:

>>(Mark Kamphaus) writes:
>>Claiming that certain events are fulfillment of prophecy
>>can be dangerous.  It is not, however, nonsense.  If
>>prophecy says that there will be a reestablishment of
>>a nation called Isreal ...
>
>If is says that, fine.  But it doesn't.  Political Isr*AE*l is long
>gone.  History.  The new Israel and the new Jerusalem are the
>established divine agency.  It's called the Church (Gal. 6:16; Heb.
>12:22; Rev. 21:2,9,10).

I wonder very much what kind of theology this is! I have visited
Israel twice and I can assure you that Israel is very politcally
alive. I would advice pleaders of this uncriptual bible-
interpretation to slowly read Romans chapter eleven. If some
church fathers thought like this a hundred years after the
destruction of the temple or so, it is understandable maybe.
But how anyone can think so after 1948, 1956, 1967, 1973 and
further on is more puzzling.

Tord Ivarsson.

+-----------------------------+---------------------------------+
! Tord Ivarsson               ! E-mail:etxtdi@diana.ericsson.se !
! 126 25 Stockholm, Sweden    !                                 !
+-----------------------------+---------------------------------+

etxtdi@diana.ericsson.se (Tord Ivarsson TM/JLE 95406) (10/21/90)

Tom Albrecht writes in article <Oct.6.21.07.39.1990.809@athos.rutgers.edu>:

>>(Mark Kamphaus) writes:
>>Claiming that certain events are fulfillment of prophecy
>>can be dangerous.  It is not, however, nonsense.  If
>>prophecy says that there will be a reestablishment of
>>a nation called Isreal ...
>
>If is says that, fine.  But it doesn't.  Political Isr*AE*l is long
>gone.  History.  The new Israel and the new Jerusalem are the
>established divine agency.  It's called the Church (Gal. 6:16; Heb.
>12:22; Rev. 21:2,9,10).

I wonder very much what kind of theology this is! I have visited
Israel twice and I can assure you that Israel is very politcally
alive. I would advice pleaders of this unscriptual bible-
interpretation to slowly read Romans chapter eleven. If some
church fathers thought like this a hundred years after the
destruction of the temple or so, it is maybe understandable.