[soc.religion.christian] Is _The_

djcl@contact.uucp (woody) (12/14/90)

I saw tonight someone on the SMCIS/NEWLIFE service mention that _The_Door_
(formerly _The_Wittenburg_Door_) could be shutting. This is the magazine
published by Youth Specialties on a theoretically bi-monthly basis.

For those unfamiliar with _The_(Wittenburg)_Door_, it is a somewhat
radical piece of literature on various topics, tending to be challenging,
thought-provoking or rather deemed offensive at times. Calling it a
Christian version of Mad Magazine wouldn't be too far off, were it not
for the serious interviews within each issue.

Can anyone confirm this news of demise, or upcoming demise, or is The
Wittenburg Door in a Mark Twain mode (rumours of death exaggerated)?
Maybe there's a final Door on its way in the mail even ....

pmd@cbvox.att.com (Paul M Dubuc) (12/17/90)

Yes, my latest copy of the The Door contained a letter saying that,
if subscriptions didn't increase soon, the next issue would be their
last.  No fooling.  They can't afford a direct mail campaign.  They
asked current subscribers to spread the word and get others to subscribe
or buy gift subsriptions.   I hope they don't close.  Evangelicals need
a goad like The Door.
--
Paul Dubuc    |   "To consider persons and events and
att!cbvox!pmd |   situations only in the light of their

geoff@pmafire.inel.gov (Geoff Allen) (12/19/90)

pmd@cbvox.att.com (Paul M Dubuc) writes:
>Yes, my latest copy of the The Door contained a letter saying that,
>if subscriptions didn't increase soon, the next issue would be their
>last.  No fooling.  They can't afford a direct mail campaign.  They
>asked current subscribers to spread the word and get others to subscribe
>or buy gift subsriptions.   I hope they don't close.  Evangelicals need
>a goad like The Door.

So how about posting the address and subscription info?

--
Geoff Allen          \  Since we live by the Spirit,
uunet!pmafire!geoff   \  let us keep in step with the Spirit.

pmd@cbvox.att.com (Paul M Dubuc) (12/24/90)

In article <27735@athos.rutgers.edu>, (Geoff Allen) writes:
> pmd@cbvox.att.com (Paul M Dubuc) writes:
> >Yes, my latest copy of the The Door contained a letter saying that,
> >if subscriptions didn't increase soon, the next issue would be their
> >last.  No fooling.  They can't afford a direct mail campaign.  They
> >asked current subscribers to spread the word and get others to subscribe
> >or buy gift subsriptions.   I hope they don't close.  Evangelicals need
> >a goad like The Door.
>
> So how about posting the address and subscription info?

The Door
P.O. Box 17017
N. Hollywood, CA  91615-9937
1 year (6 issues, no advertising) $19.95
--
Paul Dubuc    |   "Man always knows his life will shortly cease,
att!cbvox!pmd |   Yet madly lives as if he knew it not."