[net.followup] HARK! The rn kit has been posted.

6912ar04@sjuvax.UUCP (rowley) (09/26/84)

Does anybody out there belong to Civil Air Patrol?? I'm a cadet LTC and looking
to hear from any cadets or senior members who have access to this newsnet. Any
replies wold be gratefully appreciated and will be graciously acknowledged.
Please tell me name,unit,and wing (grade and position optional).
                                       Thanks very much,
                                       Anthony J. Rowley
                                       c/LTC, CAP
   323 derwyn rd.
   Lansdowne PA 19050
   (215)623-5448
                                       Cadet Ground Team COInt'l Airpt. Comp. Sq. 1001Philadelphia PA  USA

ken@turtlevax.UUCP (Ken Turkowski) (09/29/84)

> If nothing else, you'll want to run the Configure shell script just for
> the fun of it.  I'm hoping it will set some kind of standard for friendly
> software distribution.

HURRAH for Larry Wall!  This is a pleasurable way to configure new
software!
--
Ken Turkowski @ CADLINC, Palo Alto, CA
UUCP: {amd,decwrl,flairvax,nsc}!turtlevax!ken

barmar@mit-eddie.UUCP (Barry Margolin) (10/04/84)

In article <535@turtlevax.UUCP> ken@turtlevax.UUCP (Ken Turkowski) writes:
>> If nothing else, you'll want to run the Configure shell script just for
>> the fun of it.  I'm hoping it will set some kind of standard for friendly
>> software distribution.
>
>HURRAH for Larry Wall!  This is a pleasurable way to configure new
>software!

I certainly concur.  I am not much of a Unix wizard, and I got it right
on the second try (I gave an incorrect answer to one question the first
time through), and was even able to make some local mods to the code and
Makefile fairly easily (this is where I learned how Makefiles work).
--
    Barry Margolin
    ARPA: barmar@MIT-Multics